Yellow | Question.

I do have the placard. Legally. That's all I can say about that.
I have been working there with it for a year... Around a year with it. Only because the lot is so far and my disability. Two of them. It does not affect my work. I have worked there... RDWY.... Yrc... For 28 years with the disabilities. So. I will not lose my job..
A lawyer has come out and taken pictures and they are not in compliance along with two other terminals.
It has gotten to the point where you have to follow through.
It may be private property but the public has access. They must be in compliance in all areas. Look at your terminal. Are they? Bathrooms? Breakrooms? We are nit getting younger and you never know it could happen to you where you may need it. We have two veterans who have the military handicapped plates. They cannot Park there either.
I am dock only because of one of my disabilities. Have been for 26 years.
They are not getting access to any of my medical records. That letter I think is illegal under HIPA laws. I am filing a complaint for them even asking for our records to HIPA.
I am not a fool and neither are the guys who got the letter.
The lawyer is taking the case. Would a lawyer... Who is disabled himself and in a wheelchair... Take the case if he could not win? That is a question.
Lots if things are just wrong here. Laws and common sense.

I just put this letter out there for debate. Not to get slammed. This is a serious issue.
Why would they not just mark the handicapped parking places and spend maybe millions to lose a case? This is a federal law. Not something they can snub their nose at and hassas the employees over. Any harassment now will be discrimination. That what I think.

Last edited:
Ok so think you said you had a disabled plate ?? if so why do you have one ? and can you walk the 150 feet to office ? maybe talk to your union steward and BA about this letter ?
150 yards. Not feet. A football field and a half. .... Not saying even here why I have one... But I have one... The stewards do know about the letter.. BA... I don't know... ..the walk is on the way out at the end of the shift is in the dark where trailers are being hooked... Linehaul is moving... Switcher is moving... And the entrance to the facility is. There is alot of traffic in the area where you have to walk to and from the lot.
I am surprised just by the fact no one has been run over. Yes there is a marked area to walk. But it is so faded and tractors and switchers are running over it all day and night.

Last edited:
I have been working there with it for a year... Around a year with it. Only because the lot is so far and my disability. Two of them. It does not affect my work. I have worked there... RDWY.... Yrc... For 28 years with the disabilities. So. I will not lose my job..
A lawyer has come out and taken pictures and they are not in compliance along with two other terminals.
It may be private property but the public has access. They must be in compliance in all areas. Look at your terminal. Are they? Bathrooms? Breakrooms? We are nit getting younger and you never know it could happen to you where you may need it. We have two veterans who have the military handicapped plates. They cannot Park there either.
They are not getting access to any of my medical records. That letter I think is illegal under HIPA laws. I am filing a complaint for them even asking for our records to HIPA.
The lawyer is taking the case. Would a lawyer... Who is disabled himself and in a wheelchair... Take the case if he could not win? That is a question.

I just put this letter out there for debate. Not to get slammed. This is a serious issue.
Why would they not just mark the handicapped parking places and spend maybe millions to lose a case? This is a federal law. Not something they can snub their nose at and hassas the employees over. Any harassment now will be discrimination. That what I think.

It sounds like you fall under the Americans with Disability Act. Your perfectly fine working at your job. I would definitely get a hold of them if YRC continues to harass you. Good luck brother.

150 yards. Not feet. A football field and a half. .... Not saying even here why I have one... But I have one... The stewards do know about the letter.. BA... I don't know... ..the walk is on the way out at the end of the shift is in the dark where trailers are being hooked... Linehaul is moving... Switcher is moving... And the entrance to the facility is. There is alot of traffic in the area where you have to walk to and from the lot.
I am surprised just by the fact no one has been run over. Yes there is a marked area to walk. But it is so faded and tractors and switchers are running over it all day and night.
Any clue why its OK for the the Office people to park there but trying to restrict everyone else? Bet you see them back-peddle on this.

It sounds like you fall under the Americans with Disability Act. Your perfectly fine working at your job. I would definitely get a hold of them if YRC continues to harass you. Good luck brother.
Thank you.
I am one of many. I just posted what they are doing to at least half a dozen people at our terminal. Let alone what they are getting away with at all the others.
We are going through the process with a lawyer. And doing what we are told to do by both sides. As of now.

Any clue why its OK for the the Office people to park there but trying to restrict everyone else? Bet you see them back-peddle on this.
Because they are women.
It's a sexual discrimination lawsuit also.
Think about it.
Not back peddling yet. They still park there.

Nah. Discrimination only works if you think your a Woman. :6781:
Reverse....Let's not go there... Nuff said... Discuss..I cannot say anymore because if this goes on they will refer to social media. And so far just facts have need mentioned.

Reverse....Let's not go there... Nuff said... Discuss..
Sorry man I knew what you was getting at. Was trying to interject some N Carolina bathroom humor and the sting from this is still raw for you guys. I for one believe you will easily stop this. :wavey:

Makes sense to me now. You've been there 28 years? Way too long by YRC standards. They always jack with the old times they want to get rid of. Not to mention you have a disability that could cause you to take a fall down the stairs, and then go on workman's comp and then sue YRC. They worked hard to steal that 15% to just give it away. I think they are trying to nip this one in the bud.

Makes sense to me now. You've been there 28 years? Way too long by YRC standards. They always jack with the old times they want to get rid of. Not to mention you have a disability that could cause you to take a fall down the stairs, and then go on workman's comp and then sue YRC. They worked hard to steal that 15% to just give it away. I think they are trying to nip this one in the bud.
Other people have been there close to the same amount of time.
They cannot fire us without discrimination now. They will be watched closely. This is federal. Not local... Po Dunk city laws. Well it is.. But... What I don't understand is why we have to go by rules.... All rules.... And they think they are above this?
I don't care if I walk from the lot now or forever. They have crossed a line we don't think they should have.
One of them is asking for my personal medical information. And nit saying it was voluntary. The letter was not sent by a lawyer or Kansas city. It was sent by a terminal manager.
We are just told it's a saftey issue for US to park in front of the building.
I thought it was a theft issue. But I was wrong. So if it's a saftey issue why do all management and sales and clerks get to park in front with no recourse?
If you... Terminal manager...is going to do this don't you.. The manager... Think you ought to get everyone to park out there? If he was man enough he would lead by example and park out there himself.
When I leave at 12 midnight there has to be 10 vehicles out there. None of us are parking there. There is one clerk and four supers working. And at least four to five tractors from satellite and linehaul parked out there.
Something is wrong with the picture.

I was hauling a jiff around the terminal to hook a set and my wore out pintle did not lock. (no, I did not double check) And the stinking thing jumped off the pintle, believe me there was no way I could get back in front of it, BANG right into the side of a coworkers car. Man did I feel bad, chargeable too! Might give the people that think they are a tad special on parking privileges some food for thought.

I was hauling a jiff around the terminal to hook a set and my wore out pintle did not lock. (no, I did not double check) And the stinking thing jumped off the pintle, believe me there was no way I could get back in front of it, BANG right into the side of a coworkers car. Man did I feel bad, chargeable too! Might give the people that think they are a tad special on parking privileges some food for thought.
Believe me. I have four cars. I drive my 25 year old truck to work. I have two Cobra Mustangs... Paid off... They stay home. I also have a van. The van and truck go to work. Mustangs stay home and I don't care what happens to the two vehicles I drive to work. That is the reason I drive them to work. The yard and lot are nothing but dust pits.

If one reads this you will see it was written by an idiot‼️Read the second paragraph specifically the part where it's for transporting a disabled person and not an employee that is disabled :lmao::biglaugh::clappy::clapping:

If one reads this you will see it was written by an idiot‼️Read the second paragraph specifically the part where it's for transporting a disabled person and not an employee that is disabled :lmao::biglaugh::clappy::clapping:
I had to read it 3 times too and that's my situation. My wife's car is plated handicap for her, never knew I could not borrow her car to find easy parking. (sarcasm)