XPO | Quick someone get a box of tissue

teamsterwannaB

TB Veteran
Credits
Looks like Conway had some news this morning! Wow think of the money the board is losing right now. I sure hope that casualty claim did`nt have anything to do with the winter time!

Refigured the perferred stock returns to a lower figure for 2007. 1000 new hires this year, training, new hire costs, and there must have been settlement on an accident. Wallstreet didn't like it. Stock dropped over 6%. $49+ change. Nows the time to buy. The stock will most assurredly go back up. Press on

there were several news items when I looked, the one that caught me eye was " Conway cuts earnings guidance by 10 cents a share due to costs related to litigation of a vehicular casuality claim and increased compitition". Like George said wall street did not like hearing this. And I agree, now is the time to bargain shop. Wow $ 2.63 x 50,000 someone is in a bad mood today. My heart BLEEDS.

there were several news items when I looked, the one that caught me eye was " Conway cuts earnings guidance by 10 cents a share due to costs related to litigation of a vehicular casuality claim and increased compitition". Like George said wall street did not like hearing this. And I agree, now is the time to bargain shop. Wow $ 2.63 x 50,000 someone is in a bad mood today. My heart BLEEDS.

IF, you keep Con-way stock in your 401K, You also lost.

My financial adviser called today to say he is glad we did not put any money into that stock, it dropped over 5%. Someone once told me never invest in a trucking company, now I see why.

Surprise ! every time a company offers guidance downward (as many trucking companies have done in the second quarter) the stock takes some kind of hit.If one would continue to follow these releases by the carriers who report, you will see them all make reference to freight volumes taking a downward turn.Quick, somebody tell me a ltl transportation stock that is better.Pure ltl ., not with a bunch of other business units.
Time far well spent in positive avenues rather than misrepresentation.

Surprise ! every time a company offers guidance downward (as many trucking companies have done in the second quarter) the stock takes some kind of hit.If one would continue to follow these releases by the carriers who report, you will see them all make reference to freight volumes taking a downward turn.Quick, somebody tell me a ltl transportation stock that is better.Pure ltl ., not with a bunch of other business units.
Time far well spent in positive avenues rather than misrepresentation.
What`s MENLO?

With all the bomb stuff going on in England, Ireland and now the threat in DC you'll see all stocks take a hit. Might want to switch your holdings into cash for awhile. Watch what the big boys do. Press on

With all the bomb stuff going on in England, Ireland and now the threat in DC you'll see all stocks take a hit. Might want to switch your holdings into cash for awhile. Watch what the big boys do. Press on
Trying to time the market is very dangerous. Be careful and think long term. Remember, your 401 is now your pension.

Trying to time the market is very dangerous. Be careful and think long term. Remember, your 401 is now your pension.

Pension???

How 'bout Enhanced Retirement Reward.

Man, that sounds so good that it's got to be better than a pension.

Pension???

How 'bout Enhanced Retirement Reward.

Man, that sounds so good that it's got to be better than a pension.
They can call it anything they want but,the pension plan we thought we had is GONE. We can write all the unity letters, hold all the secret meetings we want and it still will not bring it back. The sooner we all realize this and plan for our own future the better of we will be. I wonder how many of us have written Washington about Social Security? Wouldn't plan on that being there either. Just my opinion.

taking care of you and yours

I like it, what a concept, people taking care of them selves instead of depending on the company or heaven forbid the government taking care them ,bad news if you dont take care of you and yours nobody is going to

They can call it anything they want but,the pension plan we thought we had is GONE. We can write all the unity letters, hold all the secret meetings we want and it still will not bring it back. The sooner we all realize this and plan for our own future the better of we will be. I wonder how many of us have written Washington about Social Security? Wouldn't plan on that being there either. Just my opinion.

Good post! :1036316054:
That's basically what it's come down to.
Self manage your own financial destiny or hire someone to do it for you.

Nice

Good post! :1036316054:
That's basically what it's come down to.
Self manage your own financial destiny or hire someone to do it for you.

It would be nice to have both a pension & 401k. I have been investing in 401k for 15 years and I am almost 40. The crash of 2000 hurt but it will equal out. I do still think a pension would be great too.

It's probibly been mentioned but, the absence of a pension gives one the freedom to leave an employeer without so great a lose. In effect the employeers greed has caused him to shoot himself in the foot once again. For a pension is a means to foster an employees loyality and dedication. It's a reward for years of service, it gives an employee a vested interest in the condition of the company...somewhat as a "CO-OWNER", without it....there's less incentive to stay and work hard, less reason to be concerned with the companys welfare, i.e. profitablity, for you're able to pack your 401k and move on.