FedEx Freight | R+L in MN hiring at $31.99 for experienced

Wow, a $1.66 raise to go to R+L! That would be great...except for the part where they don’t pay OT and you need to buy your own pallet jack.
31.99 at 50 hours is more than 30.33 at 40. Our place is trying to bring on nearly 30 new drivers to cut o.t. A few drivers over heard our dispatch manager and ACM talking about it.

Wow, a $1.66 raise to go to R+L! That would be great...except for the part where they don’t pay OT and you need to buy your own pallet jack.
I'd take the money and buy my own jack any day of the week. I can maintain it better than FedEx maintains that pile of garbage we have now.

I'd take the money and buy my own jack any day of the week. I can maintain it better than FedEx maintains that pile of garbage we have now.
We have approximately 70 drivers. Have maybe 20 pallet jacks. They bought enough for everyone a few years ago then most of them lost them. So now they refuse to buy more. Liftgates hardly ever get one, usually broken if they do. They cut the locks off the assigned ones and even the ones off personal ones

I’m not going to R+L just saying our wage should be higher then theirs.
It already is higher as long as you work at least 45 hours a week. I don’t personally know any city driver who works less than that.

@IrishRocket From what you’ve said, it’s pretty clear that your management has no interest in retaining drivers, so it makes perfect sense to be looking for other employment opportunities. This thread is about our wages vs R+L, and you clearly have much bigger problems than that.

It already is higher as long as you work at least 45 hours a week. I don’t personally know any city driver who works less than that.

@IrishRocket From what you’ve said, it’s pretty clear that your management has no interest in retaining drivers, so it makes perfect sense to be looking for other employment opportunities. This thread is about our wages vs R+L, and you clearly have much bigger problems than that.
Wages compared to other carriers are the least of the problems around here!!! I've been back & forth about transferring for a couple years. The hours is why I stay. My wife stays home to take care of kids. We're not paycheck to paycheck because of the hours I get. I haven't transferred because most places have either the lower pay scales or don't get o.t. I'm definitely going to be keeping an eye on the job board and contact other areas of interest to find out their pay & hours.