R&L | R & L is buying out national LTL company

Ok fellas the 9 out of last 10 posts have been a friendly debate of union/non union .. I am asking you guys to cool this friendly debate or I am going to have to move this thread .. thanks

Ok fellas the 9 out of last 10 posts have been a friendly debate of union/non union .. I am asking you guys to cool this friendly debate or I am going to have to move this thread .. thanks

Then I'd advise you to move it, as usual the union dependant boys are trying to enlighten all of us with their wisdom.
This is the R&L forum correct? So, this is not the proper forum for a "friendly debate of union/non union" is it?
Up to you.............

Then I'd advise you to move it, as usual the union dependant boys are trying to enlighten all of us with their wisdom.
This is the R&L forum correct? So, this is not the proper forum for a "friendly debate of union/non union" is it?
Up to you.............

I will take it under advisement. YOUR people as in R & L drivers started the debate no one else .. Take a read what your co drivers are posting ... Their posts has what brought one or two other guys from other places here ..

I will take it under advisement. YOUR people as in R & L drivers started the debate no one else .. Take a read what your co drivers are posting before you start firing off replies at me ... Their posts has what brought one or two other guys from other places here ..

Sorry but think again sir.Crazy one started it here in our forum.Check page 9.

"You guys have to much time on your hands. Your dreaming you would be lucky to buy out anybody!And if they do, Just remember they did it with your money that should have been paid in overtime pay? Happy Trails!!"

He started it and it snowballed from there.

Hey guys............I think what wonderring is trying to say is get back to the topic of R&L looking at buying another company. We all do the same job, just under different conditions. Some may feel as if others aren't being paid as much as they should and others don't give a rats azz what other people think, and that's it.

Now if the Union/Nonunion digging at each other persists, this thread will be moved. DS.

Thank you Wonderring and Dock Steward, now let's get on with the who buying who out run. Oh by the way where did triplethreat disappear too?

why is it always the same in here some union THUG comes to OUR non-union thread breaks the rules and then all the (⊙▃⊙) mods want to do is move the thread. how about at least tell the union jerkoff that he broke the rule. but no we don't want to do that might hurt so "BROTHERS" feeling. what a crock.

why is it always the same in here some union THUG comes to OUR non-union thread breaks the rules and then all the (⊙▃⊙) mods want to do is move the thread. how about at least tell the union jerkoff that he broke the rule. but no we don't want to do that might hurt so "BROTHERS" feeling. what a crock.

Agreed! But, then again what do you expect? Most of the Mods wear the union label also..............

Some of the animosity (sp?) show here is just another reason for R&L not to buy big.
Any time one company buys another there is always the chance of what is happening here to escalate, all companies look to minimize this before buying. As with most of companies mentioned beforehand look at the operational ends and work hours/scale/position,,,, most will not mesh...

Well I only average about 46 hours a week and have been employed by R&L for just shy of 5 yrs.In Jan my rate goes to full rate at 24.70 an hr.As I stated I have worked for a carrier that payed time and a half after 8 and they worked very hard to make sure we never went over 8 so I'm fine with how I'm paid.By the way R&L may not be able to buy a large carrier but I was answering the other guys post saying R&L couldn't buy anyone.Aside from that why are you guys harassing us in our forum,do you see us bad mouthing you in the union carriers forums?I myself had a bad experience in the Teamsters that I wont go into so I'm not looking to repeat that experience but I don't begrudge anyone else's choice to be union or non union and I really would expect the same of you.If you cant do that than talk trash about us in your own forum.

I'm thinking that your just a little bit sensitive. sorry. I certainly wasn't talking trash. It really doesn't matter, because there only my opinions......which don't mean much. Let me phrase it differently this time...,with the way the freight business has been running as of late...I don't see R&L buying anyone right now. (psst....its just my opinion ..ok?) As far as OT goes....I strongly feel that it should be paid after 8....or ....40.....And its in any companies best interest to only pay it when operationally needed. ...hey, thats why they should watch their labor hours like a hawk. If your telling me that you average 46 hours a week.....in my eyes...your getting screwed by not being paid OT 6 hours every week....I understand..., your working every day and you've built up some longevity with the company.....all good. I didn't say r&l is bad...and i'm glad your happy there. I'm sure you'll continue to do fine with them.....but just based on the area that you live in..., you think one would want to get the most from their employer....ie:pay,benefits OT....etc.

I don't think R&L is going to buy out any large LTL. Maybe a small regioanl outfit out west, maybe in California. Everybody sure is getting worked up on this thread...I think R&L's next move will be to purchase a truckload carrier, ar get into the small package business....Just my opinion..

This has really stirred up the mud, I bet triplethreat is sitting back laughing his *** off. Then we have everybody else going postal on one another. Moderaters are needed, whether they are union or not, when was the last time you turned on the C.B. and listened to the stuff on that. I enjoy being able to express my opinion, vent, and help others in the trucking industry.

Back to the point, R+L might be looking to buy someone, but as far as them taking on the big three, I don't think so, I mean look at the economy right now, it would be like me putting down all of my money to buy the Brooklyn Bridge...............NOT!!

i agree,why buy a company when alot of them are going to be going out of business the higher fuel gets jevic was just a start more and more are going to fall in the future.hope iam wrong though

R&L bought a California carrier also and has been serving 48 states for a while now also.All things considered Id say R&L and Estes are about the same size.

OMG, we're bigger, no we're bigger, ah bull they are bigger, who cares. I've seen the big ones bite the bullet, and I've seen the little ones bite the bullet. We are drivers, dock workers and logistical support of the transportation industry, there is not a whole lot we can do to stop companies taking over others. Thank God that we all have jobs and are working.

OMG, we're bigger, no we're bigger, ah bull they are bigger, who cares. I've seen the big ones bite the bullet, and I've seen the little ones bite the bullet. We are drivers, dock workers and logistical support of the transportation industry, there is not a whole lot we can do to stop companies taking over others. Thank God that we all have jobs and are working.

Amen Brother !!!!