R&L | Raises at OD

shadowr434

TB Veteran
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
Looks like they got 50 cents for an increase plus they actually have new trucks through their system. Hey R+L management,how can they afford it and we cant? Id like to suggest that maybe we start moving this company in the right direction.

Looks like they got 50 cents for an increase plus they actually have new trucks through their system. Hey R+L management,how can they afford it and we cant? Id like to suggest that maybe we start moving this company in the right direction.
Good luck with that.

I think that they either got in over their head in debt by expanding to quick, and/or they are afraid to do anything with this current administration in the White House, and they are being conservative as they can with raises, and not buying any equipment, and not maintaining their facilities, and they are hoarding cash.

I think they are sitting on substancial cash reserves, they are definitly getting more than their monies worth out of their drivers, IMHO!!!

As I've said before, as long as we're willing to do the work for what we're making,
willing to baby the equipment, go above and beyond to get the job done,
they're just gonna sit back and let us.

There are drivers sitting up front, everyday when I come to work, filling out applications,
It's not as if all of us can't be replaced at a lower rate...

I agree with you , but what I am seeing, is that these drivers that they are hiring at a lower rate, are leaving after a few weeks, or a few months...Only one of the lower wage drivers, out of 5 or 6 they have hired, have lasted more tha a few months, and he is looking for another place to work...

Human nature is such, that these guys are not going to work long, and do the same job we do, for $4.00 or $5.00 less for the same work that we do..

As always, JMHO!!!
As I've said before, as long as we're willing to do the work for what we're making,
willing to baby the equipment, go above and beyond to get the job done,
they're just gonna sit back and let us.

There are drivers sitting up front, everyday when I come to work, filling out applications,
It's not as if all of us can't be replaced at a lower rate...

Pssssst, Richard! When you're trying to talk your employer into an increase, you may want to lose the kabobs and lay up some beans and franks.
Don't go getting sensitive on me, that is FUNNY! JMHO

i don't think they care about the turn over rate for drivers, a dime a dozen, if you don't like it leave. that is what i think their way of thinking is. me, i just do what i can at MY pace and bring freight back every day, not that i want to but just cant get it off, i don't work hard anymore, don't go above and beyond, but i do work steady. i do take a break and lunch most days, i just don't care anymore, the don't care attitude has definitely rolled down hill to me, they don't care about us and i don't care about them. thankfully i am on the old pay scale

You nailed it Bullwagon. Biggest cincher at our terminal was the flat rate dropped trailer pay. Everyone is in low gear during the day,just working steady and slow. No reason to get back early and work a few more hours for what turns out to be about 15 bux an hour or less. Company's dont care attitude is definitely fallin down through the ranks. Even the new hires have the "Dont Care" Attitude. We're just turning into another run of the mill company.

You nailed it Bullwagon. Biggest cincher at our terminal was the flat rate dropped trailer pay. Everyone is in low gear during the day,just working steady and slow. No reason to get back early and work a few more hours for what turns out to be about 15 bux an hour or less. Company's dont care attitude is definitely fallin down through the ranks. Even the new hires have the "Dont Care" Attitude. We're just turning into another run of the mill company.

this x2.
i wish i could figure out what they think they are going to accomplish here sometimes. it is ridiculous. everybody has their own agendas here and it is just making it impossible to get anything done. im afraid what will be next around here sometimes

Heck oneeightyfive. I'm not tryin to talk them into anything, if we get a quarter from them next year, I would be surprised...They have their own agenda, and could care less about us!!! I know a lot of drivers have to cash in vacation, and not take the time, just to pay the bills...
Pssssst, Richard! When you're trying to talk your employer into an increase, you may want to lose the kabobs and lay up some beans and franks.
Don't go getting sensitive on me, that is FUNNY! JMHO

Heck oneeightyfive. I'm not tryin to talk them into anything, if we get a quarter from them next year, I would be surprised...They have their own agenda, and could care less about us!!! I know a lot of drivers have to cash in vacation, and not take the time, just to pay the bills...

I hear ya. I just got off the phone with a guy trying to off my two 4 wheel quads. Not my first choice of course, but those kabobs were looking good compared to the above-mentioned beans and franks.