R&L | Raises

Dirtyneck

TB Lurker
Credits
Until the "DIRTYNECK" gets his raises back, this job will be nothing more than just a paycheck. I'm not a slacker, I know my job I've been doing it for just under 13 yrs. and the 401 and your paid days off PLEASE the "CHOSEN ON TOP OF THE HILL" knew if they tossed us a bone and that's what it is JUST A BONE then they knew that would shut most of you up. Some of you guys haven't been here longer then a year or so while the better half of R&L's work force (with more than a year on the job) knows just how much harder it's gotten (stress, bullshit, labor and all the office politics) so to us guys YES raises are VERY IMPORTANT. To those who read this and get there panties all bunched up please you need not reply, finish your 90 day probation then reply.

For those who continue to suck up to the "CHOSEN" try sucking up after 23 deliveries and
15 plus pick ups when you stink and have had the bull crap screaming down on you all day telling you to hurry up, see here in south Texas we're not a pretty cream puff
terminal and the 23/15 day is a typical day here, and all us guys here completed our 90 day probation many years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are damn right..They are getting far more than the $23.47 an hour they are paying..(We are way underpaid)They are getting about $30.00 an hour out of me and most everyone at our terminal.

The personal days and 401-k match are things we earned, and you are right, they think by throwing us this bone it will shut us up..

How bout some damn overtime pay..We are getting sick and tired of 12-14 hour days, every frickin day,and no time to eat a lunch, and so exhausted on the weekend after working 60 hours, you don't feel loke doing anything but recuperating.

Getting blamed for bringing freight back, or missing deliveries, when they set you up for failure, just by the way they route you everyday..

Drivers at my terminalbrought back 22 deliveries Friday alone, don't know haw many pick-ups were missed, but it was a bunch, because this place is mis-managed so bad..

How the hell do we even stay in business..PATHETIC.

Here we have older guys with 20 plus years and working over 60 hours a week but only getting paid for 60 hours because our T/M can't justify to his boss the fact that his employs are working so many hours in a day, hell most of our drivers are working 15 hrs a day, the P&D drivers are feeling screwed, one of the guys made a comment that he was gonna start coming to work with lipstick.

Last edited by a moderator:
if you have drivers not getting paid for the actual hrs worked, you are setting a very bad precedent. They are not paying any overtime, what are they going to say if you press the issue? This is exactly the type of mindless obedience that they want. The older guys that are allowing this to happen to them need to realize that they aren't giving it up for the Roberts anymore. They are giving it up for a group of managers that do nothing but manage by spreadsheet and it doesn't care how many hrs you are working. Especially if you are overlooking the non-payment of X amount of honestly worked hrs each week. That will add up quickly and help their numbers looked good. What about your numbers? Aren't they just as, if not more, important?

Here we have older guys with 20 plus years and working over 60 hours a week but only getting paid for 60 hours because our T/M can't justify to his boss the fact that his employs are working so many hours in a day, hell most of our drivers are working 15 hrs a day, the P&D drivers are feeling screwed, one of the guys made a comment that he was gonna start coming to work with lipstick.

Working and not getting paid for it is against the law, and is a lawsuit in the making....

Working over 60 hours in a week is also against the law, and the DOT would love to be aware of this fact.Stop in at the scale house on Friday, when you have your 60+ hours in, and ask those guys if it is cool.

They will pay me for every hour I work, I will guarantee Hell will be raised if they don't. They tried that crap once before with a couple of our guys, clocking them out at 60 hours, to cover their ass. Telling them they would pay them the overage the next week.

These terminal managers are not being held accountable for their actions.

THIS COMPANY HAS BECOME PATHETIC.

don't start that ::shit::
Pop you are right. The way the teamsters are handling the YRC problem, they don't have the resources to organize anyone let alone us. If anything it would give Wilmington freewill to do whatever under the "bad economy" umbrella.

Working and not getting paid for it is against the law, and is a lawsuit in the making....

Working over 60 hours in a week is also against the law, and the DOT would love to be aware of this fact.Stop in at the scale house on Friday, when you have your 60+ hours in, and ask those guys if it is cool.

They will pay me for every hour I work, I will guarantee Hell will be raised if they don't. They tried that crap once before with a couple of our guys, clocking them out at 60 hours, to cover their ass. Telling them they would pay them the overage the next week.

These terminal managers are not being held accountable for their actions.

THIS COMPANY HAS BECOME PATHETIC.
They could put you city guys on a 70 hour week! They had to put me on a 70 hour week because of all the sitting I do on my L/H run. Sit for free at the yard waiting on the loads then get to sit around for my switch driver for free. It gets old after awhile it wouldn't be so bad if it only happens couple times a month but every damn day! I wonder how freight is making service with everything running behind all the time.

has any one called for a union yet?.........
No, it's time for all the hardworking drivers start looking for a new job or career !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Let R+L hire all the $14 hr drivers they want. I belive it's their plan. Get rid of us and replace with cheaper labor.

Until the "DIRTYNECK" gets his raises back,

How do you get a raise back? In my mind a raise is a forward progression in monetary compensation. If you meant to say, "until the "DIRTYNECK" gets his benefits back" then your post would make more sense. To my knowledge, not one existing employee lost any pay, but the newhires were brought on at substantially lower wages. Out of curiosity, did you get an increase and later have it taken away? Just asking!

How do you get a raise back? In my mind a raise is a forward progression in monetary compensation. If you meant to say, "until the "DIRTYNECK" gets his benefits back" then your post would make more sense. To my knowledge, not one existing employee lost any pay, but the newhires were brought on at substantially lower wages. Out of curiosity, did you get an increase and later have it taken away? Just asking!

you know what he meant with that post.
and technically, yes, people did lose pay.
those employees who didnt use one or all of the three personals they were entitled to didnt get compensated for the time not used.
so if you want to split hairs fine, but you gota look at both sides.

I always look at both sides but I also call a spade a spade. I asked the original poster a direct question, and so far he has not offered a direct answer. If someone truly wants to look at both sides, there has to be some consideration for the longterm financial health of the organization that you choose to work for. (Heavy emphasis on choose). It is unfortunate that those of us that saved our personal days off lost them without notice, but given a choice, I would have voted for surrendering them over having to take a paycut or to have to start over at some other Carrier that is asking the same concessions as R+L did. Thats my opinion, and whether it is similar to yours or not, I am still entitled to it. The entire country is in financial straights and every Carrier out there is making adjustments that may or may not be popular with their employees. Maybe someone should make the commitment to buy American manufactured goods rather than spending their hard earned cash on foreign manufactured durable goods. Out of curiosity, do the vehicles in your driveway have a Ford, General Motors, Chrysler or Harley Davidson badge on them? if so, BRAVO to you!

I always look at both sides but I also call a spade a spade. I asked the original poster a direct question, and so far he has not offered a direct answer. If someone truly wants to look at both sides, there has to be some consideration for the longterm financial health of the organization that you choose to work for. (Heavy emphasis on choose). It is unfortunate that those of us that saved our personal days off lost them without notice, but given a choice, I would have voted for surrendering them over having to take a paycut or to have to start over at some other Carrier that is asking the same concessions as R+L did. Thats my opinion, and whether it is similar to yours or not, I am still entitled to it. The entire country is in financial straights and every Carrier out there is making adjustments that may or may not be popular with their employees. Maybe someone should make the commitment to buy American manufactured goods rather than spending their hard earned cash on foreign manufactured durable goods. Out of curiosity, do the vehicles in your driveway have a Ford, General Motors, Chrysler or Harley Davidson badge on them? if so, BRAVO to you!

nobody was saying you didnt have the right to your opinion.
r&l was NOT in any financial dire straits that they needed to take our personals.(have you guys slowed down at all in the past year and a half?)
as a matter of fact i do own a ford a chevy and a harley.

Great lets get the union in R&L then we can have the lazy guys who was lazy to begin with even more so now. And then we won't be able to get rid of the bums, I would most likley goto jail for murder for killing one of more of these Union Brotherhood guys who want to pound their chest but don't want to work, I deal with these Union guys all the time and you can keep them, I'm Not saying its outa the question to stop WIL from screwing us but the changes might not be always for the best.