XPO | Raises

"for some reason"????????? The corporation is all about making money in a sh###y economy. Pull your Head out!
Yes, "for some reason", I've seen them cut back on things like no other year before. This is my observation and/or opinion.
I don't think the economy is that bad. Sure gas and food our high, but people are out spending money all of the time. You folks only say the economy is bad because that's what you read in the newspaper or hear on the TV. Go to your local mall or out on a Saturday night. It doesn't look like people are hurting.

Our economy in this part of the U.S. is booming and people are spending money like there is no tomorrow. In my opinion a lot of this negative economy talk is politicly motivated. If the Dems. can convince America that the economy is going down the toilet they are a sure thing in November. I too have never seen them tighten up like has been done in the last 4 or 5 months. We are gonna turn a huge profit no matter how painful for us and the equipment.

Every year since I've been Conway, we've gotten new power equipment. Haven't seen an new truck since '06. anybody get any new equipment this year?

Every year since I've been Conway, we've gotten new power equipment. Haven't seen an new truck since '06. anybody get any new equipment this year?

We got a few Volvo's in 07. I think all the 07 Sterlings went to shop locations. Drove one for a day and I think it was from XNW.

At this point I would put it past them not to give us a raise. This year, for some reason, they have really dug in their heels and are trying to save a gain every dollar they can. If we didn't get a raise and some of the top pay guys quit, then they would replace them with starting pay guys and it would be a win win situation for John, Dave, and the Conway share holders.:chairshot:

I think that we will get our raise this year. We usually don't get ours until OCT. 1. Besides we're still 2 bucks behind Western and Central.:funky:

Rest assured that Stotlar, LaBrie and all the other "upper management/heads of state" will receive their self-appointed (or should I say "annointed") SIX-FIGURE raises! Just you wait and see. It's all in the annual PROXY they mail out in January (which BTW is required by law since we are a publicly owned company...if we were privately owned they wouldn't have disclose their pay to us or anyone except the government/IRS).
"Word on the street" was that Stotlar and LaBrie gave themselves $60,000 raises several months back when it was clear they are leaving Con-Way when their contracts are up either next year or the year after. Personally, I'm offended...and if this were true it doesn't make me want to give 100% anymore, which is why I'm currently giving 89% effort and that effort is continually diminishing with each and every morally and ethically corrupt thing I see and hear from our
less than exemplary leadership...just my jaded opinion. OK...I'm done and and will check back in around November, even if I'm on to "greener pastures"...

this is the best kept secret in the nation right now! Let me guess its going to be a little over 2% but they will spin it again to make it look like 3.5% so everyone will be happy! After all we saved millions by turning the trucks down so how about giving us 4 % and tell us its 5%? :funky:

We watched a dvd up here in Canada about the new 08 builds. All about the changes to the new trucks...Makes me think new equip on the way...Our terminal is as busy as ever, many automotive customers and none seem to be slowing down...slow economy sounds political to me.

We watched a dvd up here in Canada about the new 08 builds. All about the changes to the new trucks...Makes me think new equip on the way...Our terminal is as busy as ever, many automotive customers and none seem to be slowing down...slow economy sounds political to me.

explain the "political" slow economy to the thousands of people who have lost their homes to foreclosure...

explain the "political" slow economy to the thousands of people who have lost their homes to foreclosure...

I don't know nobody, I think that is more a function of banks lending to anyone with no money down, and poor decisions made by the home buyers. Not so much the economy.

I don't know nobody, I think that is more a function of banks lending to anyone with no money down, and poor decisions made by the home buyers. Not so much the economy.

Yes that is true...but i do believe the economy is crumbling...food costs, energy costs, etc...it is all spiraling down a vortex which possibly cannot be any good, either now nor in the future...sometimes i wonder if it would be better if the entire thing (economy) collapsed and just got it over with...then we would be on to rebuilding, etc...