Yellow | Reality is Reality

supertrucker72

TB Lurker
Credits
Folks come on not trying to be the bear here but reality is reality. It’s over the yellow pig is done the titanic has sunk. They didn’t layoff but terminated all of management and office staff it’s all gone. Unfortunately it’s all a wash don’t pay attention to the stock as it’s played off strategies and get rich quick schemes. Who can stack the most PUT options and become a millionaire. Reality is the Union has done nothing but ruin the freight industry bottom line. Only 2 originals remain and one bought themselves out of the union in the 90’s but that is ABF that’s still union and MME Midwest Motor Express that was once union and now is no longer union and the oldest LTL company in business today. MME opened its doors in 1918 way before ABF and Yellow and once union no longer not. Bottom line anyone of you looking a job in the Midwest, Pacific Northwest and Norther Frontier and what ever region Colorado and Utah would be considered MME has a job for you. Line haul .77cpm Teams .84cpm and city 34.50$ an hour. Insurance is on the low depending if you or the spouse smoke or not. Vision and dental are free health insurance for a smoker as low as 25$ a week. They pay 80% up to the dect. Brand new trucks freightliner and international. Depending on location speed set at 67-74mph git ER done. Home every day options along with laydown options company provided hotel on single seat laydowns. Bottom line is folks talk sh!t about swift/knight but they are the new modern day Roadway/Yellow in the LTL sector with AAA/MME and Ward Trucking. Anyone out of 326 KC hit me up I was hired during the Tim and Dug Era.

Reality is the Union has done nothing but ruin the freight industry bottom line.
Reality is that the Union set the standard for the freight industry bottom line. Your willingness to accept less until you had us outnumbered has lowered standards for all. You just don't know it.

Bright shiny equipment or a pension for life is the choice. Have fun driving what could have been a pension. I got out at 50 with full pension and medical with my health while I was still young enough to enjoy life. Working until you're 70 and dying at 72 means you win. It's all yours now. Good luck.
Brand new trucks freightliner and international. Depending on location speed set at 67-74mph git ER done.

Reality is that the Union set the standard for the freight industry bottom line. Your willingness to accept less until you had us outnumbered has lowered standards for all. You just don't know it.

Bright shiny equipment or a pension for life is the choice. Have fun driving what could have been a pension. I got out at 50 with full pension and medical with my health while I was still young enough to enjoy life. Working until you're 70 and dying at 72 means you win. It's all yours now. Good luck.
Both my parents are bit delusional on this topic. They both were able to retire with state pensions and my mother was able to retire with lifetime health insurance coverage at around 50. Shortly after my mother retired, they tried to pull the rug out from under her and have her pay for medical. Luckily her coworkers won a lawsuit and guaranteed her free health insurance. She took no pay raises for 10 years in lieu of insurance. Sound familiar? The reason it sounds familiar is because very few places exist with pensions and even fewer exist with free health insurance. Its unfortunate, but the way things are out here. Only the workers can fight for their rights to these benefits and nobody seems to be fighting. Its probably the younger generation, but maybe its just greed from the top? I am not sure.

What pension? Yellow all but killed the pension. You had to work 120 years to get a full pension. And in case you hadn’t noticed, yellow is about $10 less per hour than the non unions, at least for the big LTL’s.

That first paragraph says it all, wish more people understood that!!

Union is done…. Bad then about it is yellow drivers had to pay the idiots at the union for this to happen. U got t-force which I would be very surprised if in the near future does get out of it and come up with a 401k with major company match. Then who u got left abf??? Ups got out of Ltl.

I wouldn't care if I had to drive a wheelbarrow, long as the money, pension and bennies were correct

What pension? Yellow all but killed the pension. You had to work 120 years to get a full pension. And in case you hadn’t noticed, yellow is about $10 less per hour than the non unions, at least for the big LTL’s.
Yellow not only killed your pensions but they succeeded in stringing you out for 15 years. You had options though. As part of a multi-employer pension plan, there were other places to work after Yellow wouldn't or couldn't meet your needs. I know, giving up seniority is a tough call but I know people who did it. After being a top 10 seniority guy, I went to the bottom of two other seniority lists and survived it. It's big picture thinking. Your second sentence only proves my original point.

That isn't quite right, brother. Yellow is about $7.85 less than XPO around here, and $7.35 less than Estes. The trade-off?? Our insurance is worth about $12/hour, while theirs is worth a very small fraction of that. Not sure about XPO, but the Estes guys tell me there really isn't any retirement contribution there. Haven't been able to verify if that's the fact, but that's what two of their guys have told me.

Yellow not only killed your pensions but they succeeded in stringing you out for 15 years. You had options though. As part of a multi-employer pension plan, there were other places to work after Yellow wouldn't or couldn't meet your needs. I know, giving up seniority is a tough call but I know people who did it. After being a top 10 seniority guy, I went to the bottom of two other seniority lists and survived it. It's big picture thinking. Your second sentence only proves my original point.
Yippeeeeeee!!!!!!!
We all get to start under you.....isn't that just ****ing fanfuckingtastic....if we get in at all.
I heard an ABF guy waited 10 years to get a bid time.
Half of us will be retired by then ****ing wonderful!
So enlightening and smart!
Keep this business all to yourself.

Yellow absolutely did NOT kill the pension, deregulation killed the pension, do you realize there is roughly 350,000 retirees and approximately 35,000 contributing members? All these companies that went out of business(orphans), and the United States Govt sticking their nose in it years ago is what killed the pension!

That isn't quite right, brother. Yellow is about $7.85 less than XPO around here, and $7.35 less than Estes. The trade-off?? Our insurance is worth about $12/hour, while theirs is worth a very small fraction of that. Not sure about XPO, but the Estes guys tell me there really isn't any retirement contribution there. Haven't been able to verify if that's the fact, but that's what two of their guys have told me.
Estes matches like 8% how ever that works out. But the way it works is about the best of the best. Southeastern Freight Lines use to have the highest matching but Estes took the #1 spot a few years ago. But SEFL may have added some more perks since they are the highest paid in the LTL market at .80cpm

Estes matches like 8% how ever that works out. But the way it works is about the best of the best. Southeastern Freight Lines use to have the highest matching but Estes took the #1 spot a few years ago. But SEFL may have added some more perks since they are the highest paid in the LTL market at .80cpm
The FedEx Freight 401k company match is $8 for every $6 dollars contributed by the employee.