Holland | Really?!?!?! Rolling 60?!?!?!

Amen to that.

To each their own, but if most people would stop spending like a drunken sailor they wouldn't be forced to scrap for every dime that they can get their hands on. They'd be able to spend more time with family and friends and enjoy life.......all while helping to raise their kids and improving society.

Thank You!!!! Very well put............

So, I started a couple weeks ago in Rockford. And, this is the first company I have worked for lately that forces a rolling 60 hour week and ignores the 34 hr reset that DOT allows... Why is this does anyone know? Why force us to work less and create a false labor shortage. Today alone I heard one of the supervisors talking about losing 8 guys to the rolling 60.... but they all would have been able to work with the 34 hr .... It is a bit retarted in my own opinion... Since when does the Union or the Company put them selves ABOVE the goverment on rules of drive and work time?

I'm a Road Driver for YRCF. When the Regs. changed, at first, we all used the 34 hr. restart rule. Then grievances were filed mostly by Xtra-Board Drivers, stating that Bid Men would never run out of time, and the x-board would never get any work. Also at Yellow [no merger yet] and ABF who both ran Seniority Boards [Hog] , the Junior [bottom] men would not work at all. The grievance went National and General President Hoffa's decision was that none of the NMFA Companies could use the 34 hr. restart. UPS & UPSF both use the restart. I also think, but not sure, that Reddaway, white paper agreement, restarts. I hope this helps you. I don't usually post on other companies boards. Best of luck to you on your new career! :shift::guiness:

Yes YRC signed the agreement that the 34 hour restart would not be used.
Funny thing here at 881 some special city drivers are allowed to do it.

I work in Rockford also. According to the union you are not supposed to work over 60 but company and union do not really force the rule. I was told keep a log and tell supervisor when you have to leave to protect your bid. 10% have no bid so they keep working. Guys want there 65 to 70 hours a week and do not care about over hours. When I had my accident last year the first thing there attorney did was pull my hours. I was OK but pitty the person and company if your over.
Holland does not recognize the 34 hour restart not sure why but they can. The Terminal manager has stated no one goes over 60 but never enforced. Closing shift on Friday night works until we are done which can mean many hours at end of the month. They do not care but they do know that hours on Friday night goes against your hours for next week. That is why I keep a log and go home to protect myself:1904:

I think someone having an accident over hours and fines being issued and what ever else happens is what it will take. Hate to see that happen to anyone but.....

I think someone having an accident over hours and fines being issued and what ever else happens is what it will take. Hate to see that happen to anyone but.....

How would you get fined? According to the DOT the city driver would be legal. If their time off met the required 34 hr reset requirements, the DOT would view the driver hours and reset and not subject to any fine.

How would you get fined? According to the DOT the city driver would be legal. If their time off met the required 34 hr reset requirements, the DOT would view the driver hours and reset and not subject to any fine.
That's what I was thinking, the DOT doesn't care what Co/Union policy is, if you qualify for the restart, they are gonna figure it in..lol.