XPO | Rebuilt Sterlings

conway rebuilt i think put they r nice rebuilt motor low pro tires jacked up 5th wheel new dash new seat like the one that is in the 08 or fr8 shakers and best of all the one i drove was a 2000 and it has cup holders and 2 setting for the a/c the normal and the max setting oh and a air ride cab

I beleive XSX shop rebuilt the 1st one. Gutted the cab, dropped in a new factory rebuilt engine wartd for 300,000 new trany, rear end, air cond insatalled, air ride cab instld, low pros new hood, sand blstd frame w/ complete paint job. Took them about 80 shop hours for all work.they said. Looked real nice sitting inside shop, Mechs. did a great job on truck. I hate to say this, I'tl probly look like a pig pen in 6-8 mnths though.

Has anyone seen these tractors.Are they factory rebuilt or are they Conway rebuilt.

Well since Sterling doesn't exist anymore, I would guess they are ConWay rebuilt, or at least a third party....

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I saw the one XSX did, real nice job too. Former XPI tractor I think 432-1082 maybe??? I got lots of city miles in that puppy.... thought we'd (XPI) get it back but not yet...

So they r taking old trucks like 10 yrs of age and rebuilding them. I don't know how that will turn out. I believe it win I see it. Why can't they put passenger seats in the 2008 from old decommissioned truck or wrecked trucks. Maybe they should recondition the sales cars. Sorry just seems messed up. Does any other carrier do this.

90K for a new truck. 50K for the rebuilt sterlings. Everything is replaced except the frame and cab. I don't know who does the work. Vice Pres. told us this in our meeting.

XAS (XCO shop) rebuilt the cabover ford that was up in the lobby of the old XGO. Off subject....but not, just a point that it is possible for a conway shop to rebuild.

f they do the job that was stated in previous replies I think it is a good deal. Cost wise plus they do not have to have all the B.S. emissions on the engine then, that is far better then sitting and regenerating the new ones. This sounds like they are starting to think of ways to make moe money instead of taking it from us!!!!!

R&L Carriers does this, and it is messed up...They take a 10-15 year old truck and put a rebuilt motor in it....A junk truck with a rebuilt motor is what we get...JUNK..I can't believe Con-way is doing this, I see a lot of new Freightliners that you guys are driving, I thought R&L was the only ones doing this. I have been in the same truck for 12 years.Even when they put a new motor in, the rest of the truck still has a million or a couple of million miles on it. Our trucks are constantly breaking down.
So they r taking old trucks like 10 yrs of age and rebuilding them. I don't know how that will turn out. I believe it win I see it. Why can't they put passenger seats in the 2008 from old decommissioned truck or wrecked trucks. Maybe they should recondition the sales cars. Sorry just seems messed up. Does any other carrier do this.

Richard, I believe they are a complete refurbish. cab off, new motor, tranny, diff, air ride. Not just dropping in a new motor. Would like to see one, or get reviews on how they are from a driver.

I'll say it again, everything is replaced except for the cab and the frame. Everything, even the dashboard. You would think that you are driving a new '08