Holland | recall

ci recalled 5 road drivers today. how long will this work last?

I'm betting that these callbacks won't last long and then they'll lay people off again. When these eastern terminals are closed down there will be less freight in the system and some guys that were layed off will never be called back now. I've been layed off for over a year and I was just waiting for a sign, these closures seem to be my sign to find something more permenant.All hope is lost with me,I've more or less washed my hands with Holland.well I should say YRC,Holland was a good company

They may call drivers back I hate to say it but if each term they close have a average of 10 line haul drivers thats 130 guy not in the system thats 130 guy not going through these open terms they may have to call back at the terms still open. Dont get me wrong I hate that we are going through this and my hart goes out to all of you and your families but that is something to think about.

I know it is a slim hope but maybe shutting the east will make holland easier to sell and yellow will spin us out as a regional company. and maybe the new owners can get us back to being Holland again.

They may call drivers back I hate to say it but if each term they close have a average of 10 line haul drivers thats 130 guy not in the system thats 130 guy not going through these open terms they may have to call back at the terms still open. Dont get me wrong I hate that we are going through this and my hart goes out to all of you and your families but that is something to think about.

yes, but you have to remember, most of those eastern terminals had bid men, bringing freight into and out those terminals.now that "dedicated" freight won't be there any more , so I only count their open board drivers as to the overall affect on if they'll need to call anyone back or not. I may be wrong but there weren't that many open board drivers running the system out of those eastern terminals. Another words, you can't count the bid men in the equation, because that freight will cease to exist. Only the number of open board drivers will affect the number of call backs

yes, but you have to remember, most of those eastern terminals had bid men, bringing freight into and out those terminals.now that "dedicated" freight won't be there any more , so I only count their open board drivers as to the overall affect on if they'll need to call anyone back or not. I may be wrong but there weren't that many open board drivers running the system out of those eastern terminals. Another words, you can't count the bid men in the equation, because that freight will cease to exist. Only the number of open board drivers will affect the number of call backs
In AL we have or soon I can say had 8 road drivers and all had bids. Once the velocity crap started the open board went bye bye. For a terminal thats closing next week we seem to be shipping alot of freight yet.