Estes | Regional Linehaul?

This is something Estes really needs to address. There’s no reason extra board drivers should have to be out all week. Most LTL experienced drivers hear that and say what BumpDraft said. Most people are fine with laying out twice a week, but all week is unacceptable to most.
Exactly, They need to get out of the 1970's with their Linehaul System. They could attract drivers in hard to staff areas if Driver's could be home every day or every couple of days. In this day and age, out all week is undesirable!!. Freight can be relayed just like other LTL's do. They could save Motel bills, and not have to buy so many trucks. Slip seating is worth it if you get to be home every day.

Yes. I just think that some drivers don't understanding LTL and how it works. They want to come in off the streets and land a great bid run. But its a process. And its not just Estes that operate like that.
Not nessesarly the case, baat smaller terminals, you have very little chance to get a bid run. Also , other LTL's manage to get their Driver's home daily , it's called relay.

Not nessesarly the case, baat smaller terminals, you have very little chance to get a bid run. Also , other LTL's manage to get their Driver's home daily , it's called relay.

I’ve said this for years. It shouldn’t be hard to get an idea of how much extra freight is going somewhere on any given day. If both terminals have extra, set up a gate time and a meet.

For some reason, when trailers get closed, everyone acts surprised.

Exactly, They need to get out of the 1970's with their Linehaul System. They could attract drivers in hard to staff areas if Driver's could be home every day or every couple of days. In this day and age, out all week is undesirable!!. Freight can be relayed just like other LTL's do. They could save Motel bills, and not have to buy so many trucks. Slip seating is worth it if you get to be home every day.
Motel bill ! They could care less about that i get put in the motel 34 mile from my home terminal

Sorry my bad. So generally you don’t turn on your 10 to turn your time back
Remember very unorganized when you call them they act suprised when you show up at a dispatch window more suprised , who are you , where you comming from , where you trying to get to , sit down at that picnic table and we will figure this out , go hook an empty set , were out of empties , we got a driver 2 hours out with empties for you and them two other drivers waiting , can i have a empty van , no

Trying to get all drivers home everyday can be a problem. If your not on a bid run your miles can be very inconsistent. Which mean depending on freight volume in your area your miles could be low for the week. So to keep drivers from complaining about there miles being low because dispatch is trying to get you home everyday as a extra driver. They can give you More consistent miles for the week by keeping you out for a few days until you are able to lock in on a bid run. Makes sense to me.

Trying to get all drivers home everyday can be a problem. If your not on a bid run your miles can be very inconsistent. Which mean depending on freight volume in your area your miles could be low for the week. So to keep drivers from complaining about there miles being low because dispatch is trying to get you home everyday as a extra driver. They can give you More consistent miles for the week by keepi
This is something Estes really needs to address. There’s no reason extra board drivers should have to be out all week. Most LTL experienced drivers hear that and say what BumpDraft said. Most people are fine with laying out twice a week, but all week is unacceptable to most.
its easier to get more miles if your not going home everyday as a extra board driver. Just do your time as a extra driver making great money and you'll land a bid run sooner than you think. Plus Estes pays there extra board drivers more like 2cnts prm more than they pay there bid drivers. Just be patient. Saia runs there drivers the same way.

Trying to get all drivers home everyday can be a problem. If your not on a bid run your miles can be very inconsistent. Which mean depending on freight volume in your area your miles could be low for the week. So to keep drivers from complaining about there miles being low because dispatch is trying to get you home everyday as a extra driver. They can give you More consistent miles for the week by keepi
its easier to get more miles if your not going home everyday as a extra board driver. Just do your time as a extra driver making great money and you'll land a bid run sooner than you think. Plus Estes pays there extra board drivers more like 2cnts prm more than they pay there bid drivers. Just be patient. Saia runs there drivers the same way.

That’s all fine and dandy, but in my area they can’t hire drivers. Too much competition from places that don’t make you be gone all week to make a living. Estes needs to figure out a better way not just for the drivers, but for the company.

That’s all fine and dandy, but in my area they can’t hire drivers. Too much competition from places that don’t make you be gone all week to make a living. Estes needs to figure out a better way not just for the drivers, but for the company.
Come up with a 4 day week out and done i be first in line , they can do sun-wed or wed -sat or a beautiful mon- thurs

I absolutely agree, I wouldn't have a problem jumping ship if the right opportunity comes along , they need to change the way they move freight.

guys like running the sys
I know several that prefer running extra board, especially the guys that have a long commute to work. Seems like to me it would be harder to find good drivers that are willing to drive and work the dock all night like FXF & XPO does. Dayton Freight, Holland, R&L, Saia, and Southeastern all have system drivers that stay out all week. R&L system drivers don’t get motel rooms, they are assigned the older team trucks and sleep in them on their break.

guys like running the sys

I know several that prefer running extra board, especially the guys that have a long commute to work. Seems like to me it would be harder to find good drivers that are willing to drive and work the dock all night like FXF & XPO does. Dayton Freight, Holland, R&L, Saia, and Southeastern all have system drivers that stay out all week. R&L system drivers don’t get motel rooms, they are assigned the older team trucks and sleep in them on their break.
I see some x board drivers have a fit when they have to cover a scheduled run

The few times i do use the motel im somewhat happy to have the truck with me , i dont have to park my car and then go on an easter egg hunt to find the truck, thats right even truck parking is unorganized , the company has numbered spots and not much enforcement the big ones have to park close to the employee lot cause they can only waddle a hundred feet