FedEx Freight | RIP driver

Oh... so he was shuttling trailers to the rail yard there. Wow that sucks. Anyone familiar with that rail yard? How easily does that happen or was it his fault?

Oh... so he was shuttling trailers to the rail yard there. Wow that sucks. Anyone familiar with that rail yard? How easily does that happen or was it his fault?

I go to many railyards in and around Chicago, never been to this one. I cannot see how he ended up in that situation. Most of the locomotives are unmanned and remotely operated, but they move pretty slowly through the yards. His tractor should have never been on the tracks. I'm not sure how this even happened.

Always sorry to hear something like this happening. Possibly out of the Heights or Midway, just have to wait for more info to come out.
Hard on the family this time of year.
What a shame. RIP Driver.

I have been to this railyard many times. You have to cross many tracks when trying to find a Trailer. Very Dangerous area. I worked with a Driver who was picking up a Trailer that was track side, While the Driver was cranking the Dollie legs. Passing train hooked his coat and dragged him about 500 ft. Thankfully He only received minor injuries.

The tractor doesn't look like a FXF unit. Most likely a contractor. Doesn't make it less tragic, but it doesn't appear he was one of ours.