TForce | Road driver Columbus

Any good runs out of Columbus Ohio for a new road driver? Really not wanting a 50 mile run with 8 hrs of dock. Lol

Don't do freight. Do parcel. Be a feeder driver. They are hiring as fast as they can. Trabue Rd. And Alum creek function as one board. Go on line. Google UPS jobs near Columbus. Scroll down to tractor trailer driver. They will call you quickly.

Tractor Trailer Driver​

SAVE

images

United Parcel Service (UPS)
Columbus, OH (+1 other)

Apply on (UPS) | Jobs
Apply on LinkedInApply on Jobs Trabajo.orgApply on SnagajobApply on CareerBuilderApply on Glassdoor

Over 1 month agoFull-time
UPS is hiring individuals to work as full-time Tractor-Trailer Drivers. This position involves driving a tractor-trailer unit to one or more destinations and then returning to the original domicile during the same work shift. Some work is performed outdoors. Tractor-Trailer Drivers typically work weekdays (Monday through Friday) and are required to meet driver appearance standards. UPS

Don't do freight. Do parcel. Be a feeder driver. They are hiring as fast as they can. Trabue Rd. And Alum creek function as one board. Go on line. Google UPS jobs near Columbus. Scroll down to tractor trailer driver. They will call you quickly.

Tractor Trailer Driver​

SAVE

images

United Parcel Service (UPS)
Columbus, OH (+1 other)

Apply on (UPS) | Jobs
Apply on LinkedInApply on Jobs Trabajo.orgApply on SnagajobApply on CareerBuilderApply on Glassdoor

Over 1 month agoFull-time
UPS is hiring individuals to work as full-time Tractor-Trailer Drivers. This position involves driving a tractor-trailer unit to one or more destinations and then returning to the original domicile during the same work shift. Some work is performed outdoors. Tractor-Trailer Drivers typically work weekdays (Monday through Friday) and are required to meet driver appearance standards. UPS
Thank you driver! I have a interview at 12:00 Monday for feeder driver. Appreciate it.

Good job driver. I had my interview on the 17th or February. Drug test and dot physical. Just waiting on background check. Nothing wrong there for sure. No dui never arrested
I did my interview Monday along with DOT physical and drug screen. Did my road test today and I will be starting Friday March 12th. Good luck driver and be safe!

I did my interview Monday along with DOT physical and drug screen. Did my road test today and I will be starting Friday March 12th. Good luck driver and be safe!
Can you guys explain to me what exactly the feeder driver does? Schedule? Pay? Miles or hourly? Home every day or not?
Thanks

Can you guys explain to me what exactly the feeder driver does? Schedule? Pay? Miles or hourly? Home every day or not?
Thanks
Driving to different terminals or meet points with doubles, 53ft or 28ft pup. Drop n hook.

Schedule varies most new drivers will be on call like myself, until you can bid on a run.

Pay 21.00 start probation
12 months 23.00 HR
24 months 24.00 HR
36 months 28.75 HR
Full rate 40.15 HR

This how it was explained to me.

Driving to different terminals or meet points with doubles, 53ft or 28ft pup. Drop n hook.

Schedule varies most new drivers will be on call like myself, until you can bid on a run.

12 months 23.00 HR
24 months 24.00 HR
36 months 28.75 HR
Full rate 40.15 HR
Home daily or nightly

12 months 23.00 HR
24 months 24.00 HR
36 months 28.75 HR
Full rate 40.15 HR

So it’s actually impossible to know how many hrs on a week you work? So it’s a possibility you work like only 16 hrs the whole week? Also yes on call for any days or just M-F. Thanks

So it’s actually impossible to know how many hrs on a week you work? So it’s a possibility you work like only 16 hrs the whole week? Also yes on call for any days or just M-F. Thanks
When you are making $21.00 dollars an hour, UPS will work you 59hrs and 59min a week. There will always be a trailer waiting to be picked up at Amazon or the rail yard to make sure you get your 12 hours a day in. Bump Draft will spend his probation period covering for vacations, running old timers gravy bids for a week at a time.

12 months 23.00 HR
24 months 24.00 HR
36 months 28.75 HR
Full rate 40.15 HR

So bump you are a ups feeder?

Thanks
I interviewed 2 weeks ago. Pay progression is right. Now like he said terminal to terminal. Now, out of Charlotte everything is bid and a start time. Even if you are covering for a driver on vacation you run his bid and his start time. You don’t have to wait by the phone

Yes I was hired for feeder driver position. I start training March 12th. They are looking to put on 60 full-time feeder drivers at the Columbus hub.
Good deal. I start this Monday with my training March the 8th. Sounds like we will be starting this journey together. Will keep in touch. I may send you some private messages and you can do the same

Yes I was hired for feeder driver position. I start training March 12th. They are looking to put on 60 full-time feeder drivers at the Columbus hub.
Good deal. I start this Monday with my training March the 8th. Sounds like we will be starting this journey together. Will keep in touch. I may send you some private messages and you can do the same
You need to spend all weekend learning the 5 seeing habits and the 8 keys to lifting and lowering. Impress your supervisor with your knowledge, most importantly the only right way is the UPS way. Work hard, I need my pension check every month. Never mention UPS on social media, they monitor everything.

I got the 5 seeing habits down

pretty simple on that

aim high steering
Get the big picture
Keep your eyes moving
Leave yourself an out
Make sure they see you.

gonna work on the 8 lifting techniques memorizing.
I will definitely do it the ups way. Will be a change for sure. Abf leaves you alone as long as you do your job. Don’t have to memorize or recite anything at. But, it’s the ups way or the highway so I will do it the ups way

It's the follow up question that are hard, How do you do it? What does it do for you? What is the key phrase?. All sounds the same! I was old contract, pre 1982, after part time, never had to go through wage progression. The methods were work like a rented mule, don't get hurt, don't wreck.

UPS had progression at least as far back as 1971 when I started with them and well before freight had it.