TForce | Road driver Columbus

Driving to different terminals or meet points with doubles, 53ft or 28ft pup. Drop n hook.

Schedule varies most new drivers will be on call like myself, until you can bid on a run.

Pay 21.00 start probation
12 months 23.00 HR
24 months 24.00 HR
36 months 28.75 HR
Full rate 40.15 HR

This how it was explained to me.
So how the night schedule looks like? Start time? End time and stuff like.

Then of course you know a part time sorter hired before 1982 made the same wage as a feeder driver. I did my progression as a part timer.

Not really, I hired in off the street as a feeder driver and had no idea what other classifications earned.

Good deal. I start this Monday with my training March the 8th. Sounds like we will be starting this journey together. Will keep in touch. I may send you some private messages and you can do the same
I pass the doubles test on the 22nd, got my uniform and all, it’s the 25th and still waiting for them to call me in to work. I had called every day to let them know I’m available and what they tell me is we going down the line. 167 drivers in front, looking for another job as we speak. Yes I’m a feeder hired off the street.

I pass the doubles test on the 22nd, got my uniform and all, it’s the 25th and still waiting for them to call me in to work. I had called every day to let them know I’m available and what they tell me is we going down the line. 167 drivers in front, looking for another job as we speak. Yes I’m a feeder hired off the street.
Wow

oh it gets better!! UPS freight called for an interview on Monday at 11, of an Application I had put in on February. i know they just got sold, but, If I get that job offer I am taking it. Im also thinking of applying for estes a a city driver, Im in PA so my terminal will be in Kutztown.

oh it gets better!! UPS freight called for an interview on Monday at 11, of an Application I had put in on February. i know they just got sold, but, If I get that job offer I am taking it. Im also thinking of applying for estes a a city driver, Im in PA so my terminal will be in Kutztown.
That’s good. I think ups freight will be a better company since they were bought

There most likely will be a mass retirement in Freight due to to the pension situation becoming split. If they offer any incentive to older drivers I would expect it to be pretty widespread. IMHO opinion of course....

Pottstown or Bethlehem, both growing areas..

Pottstown or Bethlehem, both growing areas..
The position at ABF it’s city combined with dock, but hopes eventually will be only city driving. The Estes one it’s only city driving. I live in Allentown the ABF terminal is in Reading and the Estes one is In Kutztown. Ups freight it’s the closest one in Bethlehem, but the teamsters contract being up on 2023 worries me.

Being oncall is kinda rough ....

The position at ABF it’s city combined with dock, but hopes eventually will be only city driving. The Estes one it’s only city driving. I live in Allentown the ABF terminal is in Reading and the Estes one is In Kutztown. Ups freight it’s the closest one in Bethlehem, but the teamsters contract being up on 2023 worries me.
I can't see how it could be worse in 2023 for new hires or those in progression. Kind of sold out on the last 2 contracts. In this political and economic era, it's anyone's guess what 2 years away will look like....