XPO | Road Test with Fedex Freight

Speed Bird

TB Lurker
Credits
Did road test with FEDEX FR today Bran new Volvo Radio automatic fith wheel release nice and quit , power. Looks like I will be jumping ship soon. At the bottom of the board right now with conway. What do you guys think stick out at conway or mone on to FEDEX FREIGHT. The starting pay is better but top rate is only 21.00 and some change right now.

How are the bennies?? Perks?? Vacations?? If you are at bottom of board here, you will be there also. Plus, a better top pay here. And it keeps going up from what I here. By the time I reach top pay, it will have moved a few bucks is the rumor.

Just cause they are "FedEx" and have better tractors, doesnt mean the whole package is better. Or it might for you.

Just remember to look at the whole picture.

I hate to say this but if you are bottom of the board here you are better off going to FDX. If I didn't have 13yrs here i'd be over there.

I'm a UPS Freight city driver,coming to your board as a guest.
I wanted to add my opinion on this thread.
You can take it,or leave it.
But I'm in my 44th year as a city driver.
I've been with 15 LTL trucking companies.
All but one were union companies.
All but three are out of business.

Now to get to the point.
Money isn't every thing,you have to concider.
How is the management to get along with.
The shift,or shifts you have to work.
The equipment you'll have to operate.
Pension plan,and all other benefits.

And last but not least,the long term out look of the company in general.

Do they run their operation in a profitable way,so they will still be in business by the time your going to retire from them.

Or do you think they may be running their company into the ground?

To concider your well being,over money is the wiser choice,in my opinion.

Did road test with FEDEX FR today Bran new Volvo Radio automatic fith wheel release nice and quit , power. Looks like I will be jumping ship soon. At the bottom of the board right now with conway. What do you guys think stick out at conway or mone on to FEDEX FREIGHT. The starting pay is better but top rate is only 21.00 and some change right now.
Do it an don't look back.

I'm a UPS Freight city driver,coming to your board as a guest.
I wanted to add my opinion on this thread.
You can take it,or leave it.
But I'm in my 44th year as a city driver.
I've been with 15 LTL trucking companies.
All but one were union companies.
All but three are out of business.

Now to get to the point.
Money isn't every thing,you have to concider.
How is the management to get along with.
The shift,or shifts you have to work.
The equipment you'll have to operate.
Pension plan,and all other benefits.

And last but not least,the long term out look of the company in general.

Do they run their operation in a profitable way,so they will still be in business by the time your going to retire from them.

Or do you think they may be running their company into the ground?

To concider your well being,over money is the wiser choice,in my opinion.

Well said Apostolis:1036316054:

I don't know how old you are, but if you keep changing jobs you will never get any seniority. You are going to be doing the same thing and making almost the same money and bennies at any of the LTL companies. Why start over again? You won't be driving that new Volvo with the auto fifth wheel for awhile.(if you go to FDX):whistle:

Fedex Freight you start earning vacation time right away at 6. somthing hour per month. Also you only have to wait 30 days for health insurance . The reason I want to leave is because I am paying cobra payments for a family plan so the health insurance is big issue. You have to wait 90 days of employment with conway ans as I see it after that you start your longevity. 15 months is a long time to become permanant . Conway tractors are cheap pieces of junk UPS had old tractors that held the road better than some of the equipment I have operated thus fAR.

Sounds to me like you've talked yourself into jumping on board with Fedex.
It also sounds to me like you have nothing here at Conway being at the bottom of the list.
So in the opinion of an old gear jammer,I'd follow my heart,and go with what you feel you'll be better off,and happier with.
If you don't make this move when you have this chance,then it doesn't work out for you for the good at Conway,it will be very hard living with all of your regrets.

Sometimes our life is a real crap shoot,you can win,or not with just one roll of the dice.
But as for me,I always pray about everything,and go with my heart.
I'm 63 now,and its always worked for me.
I have just under 20.5 years in the Teamsters,but I don't regret the 21 years I have still working at UPS Freight.
I always tell everyone,I didn't get this job.
God got it for me,I'm still loving what I do,and am forever thanking God for helping me to hire on here.
So from the posts I've seen from you on this subject,my best advice is to go with your heart,do what you want,and close the book on your past,let it be memories,and not regrets.

Fedex Freight you start earning vacation time right away at 6. somthing hour per month. Also you only have to wait 30 days for health insurance . The reason I want to leave is because I am paying cobra payments for a family plan so the health insurance is big issue. You have to wait 90 days of employment with conway ans as I see it after that you start your longevity. 15 months is a long time to become permanant . Conway tractors are cheap pieces of junk UPS had old tractors that held the road better than some of the equipment I have operated thus fAR.

actually I think the insurance thing for FXF is you have to complete one full calendar month for insurance

if you started may 2 you would not get insurance until july 1

if you start may 30 you would get insurance july 1

Thats the way it use to be

I don't know how old you are, but if you keep changing jobs you will never get any seniority. You are going to be doing the same thing and making almost the same money and bennies at any of the LTL companies. Why start over again? You won't be driving that new Volvo with the auto fifth wheel for awhile.(if you go to FDX):whistle:
Same benefits ? :hysterical: :hysterical:

C-mon over and enjoy the ride. When you get here we'll give you a hug and assure you it's ok and you will be alright. The benefits are great and you can tailor them to fit your needs. You'll be fine and you will like it here,and more good news very little hand freight. I guess what I'm trying to say is the two operations are somewhat the same but alot less stressfull here. Enjoy!

I'm going out on a limb here. Just look at how many are ex conway at FXF and how many ex FXF are at conway. Very, Very few have ever came from FXF to conway. There must be a reason for this.

I'm going out on a limb here. Just look at how many are ex conway at FXF and how many ex FXF are at conway. Very, Very few have ever came from FXF to conway. There must be a reason for this.
I'm pretty sure you are spot on with that comment. One huge reason is the starting pay and another is how quickly you can obtain benefits.
I've spoken with many former Con-way employees who have jumped ship. They are happier they figured it out sooner rather then later.
XGO might have to be more competetive and finally give in and pull a level or two off the time it takes to get to top scale.
(The Con-ways that are on the 5 year plan)
2 year driving experience is no longer necessary at some top notch companies.

I would go with Apostolic's viewpoint. Follow your heart and what makes you happy. I did and I am very happy.
The only thing I regret is that my old barns morale is still at a low point because of the local management. (He still has no clue and thinks he is liked) and most of my ex co-workers are talking about jumping ship.

I going to obtain longeviety as well as health insurance, this 90 Day sumplemental empolyee is BS , Your longeviety benifits don't start untill after 90 days of employment, wake up Conway. I hate the sort at Springfield. Friday is always the longest Day I have a 5 year old Nights is just not do it for me.

You have to be at Conway for 3 months before you get health Insurance. If any one had this opurtuninty they would leave as well. I would stay but 90 Days is not the industry standard for most companies.