XPO | Road Test with Fedex Freight

If the company was on the ropes like some of the airlines post 9/11 or the big 3 auto makers now I could understand the need to cut back or freeze the pension plan

What they did last year was pure greed.

I like how in the dog & pony show that HR put on for the "Retirement Savings Plan" they stated they they are "not freezing the pension plan" while the execs of the parent company talked about how much they improved the balance sheet by freezing the plan.

The only thing I would add is it's slow at FXF just as everywhere, be sure this is what you want before you jump ship, especially if you are getting hours there.

Good luck.

FM

I say go for it. You can't blame a man for wanting to better himself, and for looking out for his family. Good luck in whatever you decide.:1036316054:

I'll StayPut!!!!

Well i'm coming into my 7th year with FDXFRT-EAST some up's and down's but overall i'd rather be here than at Conway.Now that said we have 3 driver's that came from Conway and all 3 say it's the best move that they made.All 3 were on the bottom of the board now all 3 are somewhat moved up,that's how much we have grown,i guess what i'm sayin here is that i'd rather be at fdx that at conway.:hide:

I'm a driver for FedEx National (formerly Watkins) and we're having our share of problems right now but...

honestly, the guys I hear complaining the most about their company at docks and such are from Conway. Something must be going on over there because every other driver is pissed off with em'. And where there's smoke, there's usually a big fire brewin'. Don't get me wrong - these are good guys and good drivers, but alot of them just seem so jaded. I dunno, that's just my observation take it for what it's worth.

It is hard to keep a positive outlook when they try to ram it up your @#$ every day.I have only been around for 9 years,but this is deffinately not the same company i hired on with. It seems like over the last 2 years or so there has been a major drop in morale due to many factors,some of which you can read about on this board.

When I started here Conway was a friendly place to work at, it almost felt like family. Lately the muckity mucks in upper managment have done a great job turning this into a faceless corporation where you can easily be replaced. There is no loyalty for the employees, we are just numbers to them not humans with feelings. I think this has a lot to do with so many people jumping ship. I hate to say it but the only thing keeping me here is my seniority and i'm too fat and lazy to start all over again. It's just sad how corporate greed turned a once great company into what it is today.

When I started here Conway was a friendly place to work at, it almost felt like family. Lately the muckity mucks in upper managment have done a great job turning this into a faceless corporation where you can easily be replaced. There is no loyalty for the employees, we are just numbers to them not humans with feelings. I think this has a lot to do with so many people jumping ship. I hate to say it but the only thing keeping me here is my seniority and i'm too fat and lazy to start all over again. It's just sad how corporate greed turned a once great company into what it is today.
Well said. It's to bad the the management of this company has just turned this into just another job. Something i wouldn't have said a year ago but, 11 years is to much to give up. That's on reason we never see the results of the employee questionaire, because that would be admitting your statement is the truth.

I hear that the Indy terminal is looking for drivers. Does anyone on here work there? How are the working conditions there? Management, start times, hours, etc.

I hear that the Indy terminal is looking for drivers. Does anyone on here work there? How are the working conditions there? Management, start times, hours, etc.

jawn113 :1036316054:

Next time proof read what you write. Where are not mind readers here. What Indy terminal is looking for drivers???????
Conway or FedEx Freight????????
You are asking this question in the Conway forum talking about Road Tests with FedEx Freight.
:smilie_132:

jawn113

Next time proof read what you write. Where are not mind readers here. What Indy terminal is looking for drivers???????
You are asking this question in the Conway forum talking about Road Tests with FedEx Freight

Oh, well let me specify for you:chairshot:
Since I am in a Conway forum, I thought it would be safe to assume that the terminal in question would be the Conway terminal.

More specifically, the Conway terminal on the west side of town in the town of Plainfield, IN.

Leave it up to a DRIVER to a be smart A.

But my first mistake I guess was that I was thinking.

Thank You!:console:

jawn113 :1036316054:

You are asking this question in the Conway forum talking about Road Tests with FedEx Freight.
:smilie_132:
river17 is a Fed Ex driver in the Conway forum on a Fed Ex related thread with a western state of mind. So you can see how confusing this all can get. Press on

Apostolic If you have to still work after 44yrs your out of your mind or you dont have a life, by the number of your posts i think its the latter LOL

I like others, am a guest to this Con-Way thread. I spent 6 years with Con-way (Charlotte, Chattanooga and Lewisburg as a FOS, FOM and Sales), and am on my 6th year now at FedEx Freight. Both companies operate very similiar in the aspect of Operations, service and cost... But I have found myself much happier at FXFE. The benefits are a little better as far as vacation and retirement. I have found that CSE's Health plan was better but only by marginal standards. Overall what I like about FXFE, policies and standards are much more Uniform and consistant than that of CSE. I came through CSE in the era of No facial hair and long hours.. It was very seldom that upper management was honest with me. Being in management, I worked ungodly hours and noone was ever happy with the results.

When I say that things are more fair at FXFE, I speak in the aspect of Drivers.. Although our Driver Manual is somewhat hard to comprehend and worded in legal terms, if a driver is passed over or screwed on a run, he is able to dispute it and will be compensated what he lost. Senority stands around here.. Although there is a difference that is disputed with company and job class senority. Compensation is relatively close to others, if not more, in the non-union LTL market. You start earning vacation when you start, and acrrue Vacation and Personal time on a monthly basis, therefore, even if you use it all.. you are still earning more at the same time.

Our 401-k is a good one, matching up to 6%, and the newly added Pension is not a bad deal either. Hourly employees have a bonus program (somewhat like your ICP) that pays out quarterly, and has paid at least 2.5% every quarter thus far.

FXF, like AF, is very fond of company image, and therefore keeps new equipment rolling in and old rolling out.

We do have our own problems here, just like any corporation, some make it out to be worse than others.. But all in all.. I like it here. I seem to stay happy with what I do here.

Although FXF took over AF... operations run about the same as they did when it was AF.. not too many things changed.

Your decision should be based on YOU being happy and the ability to keep your family happy. That is what mine was based on when I left.

I still have many friends at Con-Way that I keep in touch with on a regular basis.. and many that I miss and loss touch with.

I will add this.. if you run shuttle at night and your run is less than 400 miles.. you will work about as much dock on the HUBs here, as you do at the FAC's with Con-way.. BUT - the freight here is about 95% on wood.. not much BS freight at all..

Oh yea... one more thing to add....

NO TWO HOUR BACK-UPS ON FRIDAYS... (if you guys still have that... I HATED that!)