Holland | road trips to camp hill

allnightrain44

TB Regular
Credits
like to here your thoughs on your new road bids to camp hill. anybody have any problems at this terminal? sure was alot of you in and out this week. any good or bad replys i'm interested in. does what you saw at npme differ from how or what you do at holland ?

Was told NP mostly floor loads frt like we did before YRC directed ue to go HIGH & TIGHT.
My guys are at the Holiday Inn and seem happy. Aren't NP guys at a Baymont ? Maybe they need too many rooms.Some say the guy in the office (dock) when thy arrive is a little strange but everyone else seems to the extra mile to make em feel welcome.

Was told NP mostly floor loads frt like we did before YRC directed ue to go HIGH & TIGHT.
My guys are at the Holiday Inn and seem happy. Aren't NP guys at a Baymont ? Maybe they need too many rooms.Some say the guy in the office (dock) when thy arrive is a little strange but everyone else seems to the extra mile to make em feel welcome.
I think they are mostly floor loads because there is a big imbalance in freight right now so they don't need to high and tight them. And we have to really pack them.

Strange?

I bet its nothing to compare to our professionals in Management like in Lincoln
index.jpg

I think they are mostly floor loads because there is a big imbalance in freight right now so they don't need to high and tight them. And we have to really pack them.

Boilerpeddle I have pulled a few loads out of IN lately (this past week). Going to Atlanta with a kick in Nashville. I have to say the loads that I have had to unload this week out of IN was very **** poor loaded!!! freight not just double stacked but three and four high if it would fit. Just about all skids turned sideways regradless if they were four ways or not.
By the time I arrived in Nashville it was a mess. Can't open the door and freight all tipped over. And not a single peice of dunnage used, and on a logistics trailer with no bars used!! I guess there load avg. is up!! I hope the VELOCITY drivers are loading the CampHill loads a little better!!

loads coming into baltimore from charlotte have been pretty easy strips for the most part. been a few bone stack jobs. biggest problem is frt without no bills, maybe 10 a night. roadmen seem to be pretty descent.

like to here your thoughs on your new road bids to camp hill. anybody have any problems at this terminal? sure was alot of you in and out this week. any good or bad replys i'm interested in. does what you saw at npme differ from how or what you do at holland ?
Motel is decent. First round was not so friendly in the drivers room/dispatch window.. I think it was just a feeling of being overwhelmed. Has gotten better all week. I agree about the guy on the dock when we arrive. I just laugh with/at him. I think he's funny. Although he sure does mother @@@@ a lot. that doesn't bother me though. Haven't really got a feel for your operations yet. Just been a little on the hectic side so I just try to stay out of the way and do as told! All in all not too bad of an experience for me!

I agree about the guy on the dock when we arrive. I just laugh with/at him. I think he's funny. Although he sure does mother @@@@ a lot.

That would be mark if your in from noon to 9 pm....AKA REDDOG....he has been at a lot of company that have shut the doors..like 4 of them..all union shops i believe...he is funny ..working the dock for mark is a trip, half the time you can't understand what the hell he is saying , the rest of the time you DON'T want to...but he sure knows how to keep the doors turning over...

Boilerpeddle I have pulled a few loads out of IN lately (this past week). Going to Atlanta with a kick in Nashville. I have to say the loads that I have had to unload this week out of IN was very **** poor loaded!!! freight not just double stacked but three and four high if it would fit. Just about all skids turned sideways regradless if they were four ways or not.
By the time I arrived in Nashville it was a mess. Can't open the door and freight all tipped over. And not a single peice of dunnage used, and on a logistics trailer with no bars used!! I guess there load avg. is up!! I hope the VELOCITY drivers are loading the CampHill loads a little better!!

Man I feel for ya. That has to suck.
They are running out of load bars. They have a lot of these guys trained to put stuff up no matter what. As for the fourway pallets, it always been that you turn a skid if it takes less space no matter whether is has the cutouts or not. A lot of times you turn the skid in the trailer as you are loading it and it turns out to be square, I imagine a lot of guys wont bother turning it back.
Some nights things seem to go great and the freight is just compatible with each other. Other times it seems like you have nothing that works right.
Oh and the velocity drivers shouldn't be loading Camp Hill freight.
Do you know that they are?
Velocity guys should only be working velocity freight.

We are running low on load bars also. Most of ours are not being returned from the West coast and Texas. The forklifts from the NE terminals have started arriving at our ME term. Their old and raged out, but have less miles than our present natural gas lifts. Going to miss the quick clip fill-up pumps. I need to mention that our term is one of 5-6 terminals still on natural gas.

Man I feel for ya. That has to suck.
Oh and the velocity drivers shouldn't be loading Camp Hill freight.
Do you know that they are?
Velocity guys should only be working velocity freight.
No I do not know this. I was just thinking(which usually gets me in trouble) that some or most of the N.E. freight would be mixed in on the velocity trailers ans waas being loaded some by the drivers involved.

No I do not know this. I was just thinking(which usually gets me in trouble) that some or most of the N.E. freight would be mixed in on the velocity trailers ans waas being loaded some by the drivers involved.
I guess that sounded a little confrontational, I din't mean it that way, sorry.
It just wouldn't surprise me if they were loading this freight. People around here seem to just throw up their hands and say "well they just do whatever they want". If they take east freight off their trailer it should be put in a bay where our regular dock guys take it from to load it.

P.S.
We are also still on CNG and I love it. No trying to find that last full cylinder in the driving snow then smashing your fingers when you put it back on plus only one fill per night, And there is a gauge to tell you how much is left. I am really gonna miss it when they go to lp. I guess the bean counters figured costs too much to convert forklifts over.

YRC loading policy: always put 2 gallons of milk in a 1 gallon bottle. Do Not worry our customers will take it in any condition. They really love our crushed, cracked, leaking, torn, ripped open, walked on, falling over/falling apart cargo. Get ur on and boogie. :TR10driving03: