Yellow | Rolling stock sale

john deere

TB Lurker
Credits
Has any of the rolling stock been pulled out of the terminals and gone to the auction sites? Also, is the shop equipment (tools, tire bank, spare parts) going to be auctioned off? If so, will it be done at the terminal shops? Thanks for any info.

No auctions have taken place for tools, tires and spare parts. If you want to bid on something you can submit a written bid.
They are selling to large buyers, like the winning terminal bidders taking all the parts, etc. at the terminals they won.

Read the dockets posted today on Epiq11. Some lots of tires and parts were sold for about $250k-$300k if I recall correctly.
The parts, tires, dimensioners, printers and copiers, as well as various other property have been sold off piece-meal at various places around the country.. Saia has bought some of it, XPO has as well. In Salt Lake and Denver, North Park Transportation has bought some of the stuff at those locations.

The parts, tires, dimensioners, printers and copiers, as well as various other property have been sold off piece-meal at various places around the country.. Saia has bought some of it, XPO has as well. In Salt Lake and Denver, North Park Transportation has bought some of the stuff at those locations.
Now their is a real gem NPT..
Right up their with Clark Bros and Link

Has any of the rolling stock been pulled out of the terminals and gone to the auction sites? Also, is the shop equipment (tools, tire bank, spare parts) going to be auctioned off? If so, will it be done at the terminal shops? Thanks for any info.
Rolling equipment is being sold. I know for a fact that Central Transport has purchased a lot of the box truck with liftgate and liftgate trailers recemtly

Anybody's guess! I've actually seen an occasional GI Trucking trailer running behind an Estes tractor.
Still a fair amount of them. Maybe I notice them more often than most folks because I was, at one point, employed by GI.

I wondered how much of it was "that old trailer isn't worth rebranding" (old 27' or 40' swing door) and how much of it was ego-driven saying "look who we acquired".

Still a fair amount of them. Maybe I notice them more often than most folks because I was, at one point, employed by GI.

I wondered how much of it was "that old trailer isn't worth rebranding" (old 27' or 40' swing door) and how much of it was ego-driven saying "look who we acquired".
If it was ego-driven, that equates to a very sick mind on somebody's part. Of course, nothing I know of can top Yellow's stunt-re-branding BRAND NEW trailers. I saw that happen with lots of them in 2022.