SAIA | Route Optimization

good idea on paper but not enough follow threw, the program should have taken the stops on the route and optimized them from the begining. instead of the dock supervisor setting it up his way and the computer setting it up there way. it also doesn't take in close times for the customers. looks like Ga Tec had a failing grade on this one.

All I can say is I run a south Texas P&D route and about half of my route I have no service....and when I get service it adds about 8 to 10 minutes to get my nextel current because of the route Optimization ...We asked about this at our last quarter meeting and was told that ACO was very high on this program...

ACO wanted to make us like Brown and be super efficient. They claim it cuts down on the miles driven. I've yet to see one of those Nextels driving a truck and delivering freight. What's really hilarious is they don't route linehaul runs. We can't find out what route to take based on the miles we are paid for. Probably for the best, though or we'd run down some roads not even fit for a little red wagon.

hey we do drive little red wagons lol. just find the short rt just dont take hwy 321 from hickory to gastonia been there done that got the love letter from the dot trooper . heck we used to get paid 292 mi to ath out of our term but really only ran 227 due to a shortcut we found which was really a good road with no pup restrictions until some do gooder brown noser alerted central about the shortcut!!!!