TForce | Rumor about Hrs.

Wildlife

TB Lurker
Credits
This week I heard a rumor about our B.A from Hrs. I heard our B.A Giz made a deal with the company that is and will effect the Jr. road drivers. It will be explained more to members at the next union hall meeting. This rumor is being tight lipped about the SUBJECT matter. Anyone heard anything

This week I heard a rumor about our B.A from Hrs. I heard our B.A Giz made a deal with the company that is and will effect the Jr. road drivers. It will be explained more to members at the next union hall meeting. This rumor is being tight lipped about the SUBJECT matter. Anyone heard anything

I have not heard a word about any of what you wrote. who exactly are the Jr. Road drivers? Is there some sort of cut off when they become Sr. Road drivers? Is this affecting good or bad for them? I'm curious. Can someone fill me in?

I have not heard a word about any of what you wrote. who exactly are the Jr. Road drivers? Is there some sort of cut off when they become Sr. Road drivers? Is this affecting good or bad for them? I'm curious. Can someone fill me in?
The driver was referring to the botom of road board. I guess if there is a new conditioned work rule we will hear about it next month.

The driver was referring to the botom of road board. I guess if there is a new conditioned work rule we will hear about it next month.

I don't know if there is any truth in it. Personally, I think a BA better be very careful about what he negotiates if it's gonna have an adverse effect on so much as one driver/employee.

Well if the BA is looking for a lawsuit I say go for it. Otherwise do your job and stop creating a hostile work environment for the employees.

jdk1600, Your avatar says it all. They are still missing. We will know it when they are found again...

Well if the BA is looking for a lawsuit I say go for it. Otherwise do your job and stop creating a hostile work environment for the employees.

You signed an agreement when you joined the Union transferring your right to negotiate wages, etc to the Union under the Taft-Hartly act of 1939 and have redress with the union by voting them out of office. I personally don't ever know of an individual successfully bringing suit against the union. There have been some successful class actions suits against the health and welfare fund, retirement, etc., but not on an individual basis that I am aware of.

I may have signed an agreement for the things you mentioned, I did not however sign away my right to sue for the creation of a hostile work environment. Stick that in your pipe and smoke it!

You signed an agreement when you joined the Union transferring your right to negotiate wages, etc to the Union under the Taft-Hartly act of 1939 and have redress with the union by voting them out of office. I personally don't ever know of an individual successfully bringing suit against the union. There have been some successful class actions suits against the health and welfare fund, retirement, etc., but not on an individual basis that I am aware of.

jdk1600,

Just do your job in a safe and and efficient manner. As far as a hostile work environment it can only work if you allow it to. Just think how miserable they must be.

I've seen the way the upper management treats and speaks down to managers. In return they do the same to their subordinates.

In my opinion the wages and benefits we get are worth the hostile environment. This is not McDonalds, or Burgerking...

I don't work here to make friends. I work here to feed my family. If you aren't treated with respect, you don't have to treat them with respect. Plain and simple...

Wrong Skeeter! No amount of wages justify any amount of harassment.

And by the way, Giz can't just arbitrarily change the current contract to suit his needs. There is no such thing as a Junior Driver at UPS Freight. Sure there are drivers that make less because of a sub-standard contract that forces newly hired drivers to work for next to nothing. But the Junior Driver comment is nothing more than drivers with a chip on their shoulder at full rate beating their own chests.

If this supposed new work rule contradicts the actual contract language in existence, then that is clearly open for a lawsuit. Some of you may think that the union or UPS has carte blanche with regard to any of their dealings with employees, but that is simply not true. If anything these contracts make it much more difficult for the union and ups to do as they please. And until I actually see the real language behind this so-called rumor, I say it is just that, a rumor. Giz cannot change the pay scale, it is written in stone right now in the current extended contract.

Really??????? It will be called a new work rule,

Wrong Skeeter! No amount of wages justify any amount of harassment.

And by the way, Giz can't just arbitrarily change the current contract to suit his needs. There is no such thing as a Junior Driver at UPS Freight. Sure there are drivers that make less because of a sub-standard contract that forces newly hired drivers to work for next to nothing. But the Junior Driver comment is nothing more than drivers with a chip on their shoulder at full rate beating their own chests.

No it doesn't justify harassment. I think what I was getting at but rather poorly was throw it back at them.

Here is the latest on this post. What I have been able to get out of the rumor mill is this. A driver from Lexington came to Harrisburg in May, he is to work here temporary until the contract is signed. WTF does that mean? Whats going on in Lexington / Harrisburg. Did not no you could pick and choose. This was approved by the B.A,,,, Giz. Dont no where this driver falls on the board yet. Dont really makes sense on why the B.A is involved in this. More and more people asking questions now.

QUOTE=Wildlife; ]This week I heard a rumor about our B.A from Hrs. I heard our B.A Giz made a deal with the company that is and will effect the Jr. road drivers. It will be explained more to members at the next union hall meeting. This rumor is being tight lipped about the SUBJECT matter. Anyone heard anything[/QUOTE]

Here is the latest on this post. What I have been able to get out of the rumor mill is this. A driver from Lexington came to Harrisburg in May, he is to work here temporary until the contract is signed. WTF does that mean? Whats going on in Lexington / Harrisburg. Did not no you could pick and choose. This was approved by the B.A,,,, Giz. Dont no where this driver falls on the board yet. Dont really makes sense on why the B.A is involved in this. More and more people asking questions now.

QUOTE=Wildlife; ]This week I heard a rumor about our B.A from Hrs. I heard our B.A Giz made a deal with the company that is and will effect the Jr. road drivers. It will be explained more to members at the next union hall meeting. This rumor is being tight lipped about the SUBJECT matter. Anyone heard anything
[/QUOTE]

I'm sorry but your post makes no sense...
Sounds to me like some one is pulling your leg...

I'm sorry but your post makes no sense...
Sounds to me like some one is pulling your leg...[/QUOTE]

I don't know,...

For a company that currently does not allow transfers I have seen a couple of "hush, hush, wink, wink" transfers go down,....................

How about we do a "wink wink hush hush" transfer, and transfer all contractors out of our road network. Now that sounds like something that i wouldnt mind seeing

QUOTE=Wildlife; ]This week I heard a rumor about our B.A from Hrs. I heard our B.A Giz made a deal with the company that is and will effect the Jr. road drivers. It will be explained more to members at the next union hall meeting. This rumor is being tight lipped about the SUBJECT matter. Anyone heard anything
[/QUOTE]

See what I have heard on this issue is Giz knew nothing about this guy being in HRS. looks like UPSF screwed up big time allowing this to happen.

I was also told Giz did no about this issuue, It is called CYA...You dont think that these super duper union officals is going to take the blame for theire screw ups.

There was another driver that came to Hrs, he was told he had to quit and get rehired on in HRS. what the CRAP.

The skunk is left loose and its starting to smell.