XPO | Rumors NO MORE TRIPLES ???????????

pilgrim

Just to **** you off
Credits
Anyone heard these rumors? that Ohio is talking about stopping triples and double 48' from being hauled

i haven't herd about this. I think the turnpike makes out pretty good by allowing these combination s to go down the road.

How much more would they make for 3 trucks pulling the same number of trlrs as 2 currently do? Just a thought.

Anyone heard these rumors? that Ohio is talking about stopping triples and double 48' from being hauled

why on earth would they do that... safest CMV on highway, weight vs axles ratio has lightest footprint which equals least damage to road surface

ya gotta love rumors

I was told that it is a plan coming from the state and federal government to create more revenue and more jobs , just think if every trucking company that hauled triples or double 48' had to stop in just ohio how many more trucks, permits, drivers and tolls each trucking company would have to hire and pay for not to mention all the tax revenue. Now just imagine if that happens nation wide. I bet we will be getting a pay raise to help insure we stay with conway .

Last edited by a moderator:
why on earth would they do that... safest CMV on highway, weight vs axles ratio has lightest footprint which equals least damage to road surface

ya gotta love rumors

WOW ! really ? "the safest CMV on the highway" , This is not even the initial reason for letting companies haul double 48' or triples on the pike to begin with, it was for tolls and permit fee's , they don't care about roads! TOLLS PAY FOR ROADS

Last edited by a moderator:
I was told that it is a plan coming from the state and federal government to create more revenue and more jobs , just think if every trucking company that hauled triples or double 48' had to stop in just ohio how many more trucks, permits, drivers and tolls each trucking company would have to hire and pay for not to mention all the tax revenue. Now just imagine if that happens nation wide. I bet we will be getting a pay raise to help insure we stay with conway .

Funny you say that ... according to Herb S of Conway Truckload on a video he stated that CSA would eliminate drivers ... now they want more .. interesting ..

pilgrim said:
WOW ! really ? "the safest CMV on the highway" , This is not even the initial reason for letting companies haul double 48' or triples on the pike to begin with, it was for tolls and permit fee's , they don't care about roads! TOLLS PAY FOR ROADS

Yep keeps the Ohio turnpike profitable.

wonderring99 said:
Funny you say that ... according to Herb S of Conway Truckload on a video he stated that CSA would eliminate drivers ... now they want more .. interesting ..

From what I hear there is going to be a big shortage of drivers and capacity in the trucking industry.

thats what conway says, they are just trying to get us all to write letters , because going from 11 to 10 hrs is not going to hurt anything freight is still going to be moved it's just going to make things more difficult for coordinators , anyone thats been driving long enough knows going back to 10 hrs will change nothing conway functioned on 10 hrs before . "REMEMBER WE ARE JUST STUPID TRUCK DRIVERS"

pilgrim said:
thats what conway says, they are just trying to get us all to write letters , because going from 11 to 10 hrs is not going to hurt anything freight is still going to be moved it's just going to make things more difficult for coordinators , anyone thats been driving long enough knows going back to 10 hrs will change nothing conway functioned on 10 hrs before . "REMEMBER WE ARE JUST STUPID TRUCK DRIVERS"

And I've herd supervisors tell drivers before that they don't get paid to think.

And I've herd supervisors tell drivers before that they don't get paid to think.

And those supervisors need to be reminded who really is the back bone of the company really is ... we could pull bums off the streets but them in white shirts and make them look good ..

the ohio tp commission wants this just for the construction season as they are planning alot of lane closures this summer/its asaftey issue for the four wheelers

wonderring99 said:
And those supervisors need to be reminded who really is the back bone of the company really is ... we could pull bums off the streets but them in white shirts and make them look good ..

I know what you mean. We got supervisors who just came out of college and have never even been on a dock. A few that u have talked to came from ups parcel which to me is fine because they have a transportation background.

hotrod69 said:
the ohio tp commission wants this just for the construction season as they are planning alot of lane closures this summer/its asaftey issue for the four wheelers

Well I understand this because they are already doing work on the portion both ways that I take work nightly.

Well I understand this because they are already doing work on the portion both ways that I take work nightly.
yes and places that go to single lane it is an issue/i run triples for yrc and i do know and understand thier concerne/this isnt final and havnt heard when or if its going to happen

I know what you mean. We got supervisors who just came out of college and have never even been on a dock. A few that u have talked to came from ups parcel which to me is fine because they have a transportation background.

That is the problem .. UPS parcel sups are not the greatest .. we have had them at my barn and they are useless .. that kind of transportation parcel experience is WAY different than freight