Estes | Runs cut

strangedays50

TB Regular
Credits
Anyone else get runs cut? I was in 027 last night and saw that 7 runs had been cut and those guys were thrown into the wonderful world of xtra Board.

Anyone else get runs cut? I was in 027 last night and saw that 7 runs had been cut and those guys were thrown into the wonderful world of xtra Board.
If this be true, then I want to be the first to welcome each and every one of them to Extraboard life. Estes trucking at its finest.

All seven runs have been restored all things
:clapping: back to normal Was told we picked up two large contracts going to get busy so the changed thier mind

The company does this over and over again. They do not study what is happening now or communicate what someone esle is working on. They cut runs they move line of frieght then move things back. Where is the lone line. :36:

The company does this over and over again. They do not study what is happening now or communicate what someone esle is working on. They cut runs they move line of frieght then move things back. Where is the lone line. :36:

Those college kids in Richmond are great aren't they...A Transportation and Logistics guru....

And this is why they need to get rid of Category time and go by your time on one board a Road Board, to many changes around here in the last 5 years... Take your Linehaul, Hub, Utility, Team time and make that your time for ONE BOARD....

And this is why they need to get rid of Category time and go by your time on one board a Road Board, to many changes around here in the last 5 years... Take your Linehaul, Hub, Utility, Team time and make that your time for ONE BOARD....

I've often backed a 2 board system(City and Road) or a company "total" seniority board... If what they say is true about the pay balancing out, what's the difference.. That's right, it doesn't.. Hub works for less... If they paid linehaul and hub the same, and kept hub drivers working the dock, they would make more than linehaul.. So make it the same.. If a linehaul driver goes to a break terminal, give him the choice to work the dock or not, then it will balance out.. If the driver doesn't want to work the dock, then what he makes is on him..... FedEx does this and it works for them.. Although with FedEx and Con-Way, of you are on a long run, then you have the choice to work or not, which is the way it should be... But, if you work at Con-Way, one way or the other, you WILL work your 70 by Saturday morning...

Whew! I've run trackhoes, D6's, D7's, backhoes, endloaders, cranes, army tanks, etc. One day before I call it quits, I'd like to learn how to operate a forklift. Preferably the day before I'm retired.

I'll take that. BUT, hub,utility goes to bottom. No reason to punish line haul.

I only support a change in seniority boards if it benefits me.

Well,LMAO, I don't know how we can have our cake and eat it too, unless your seniority (company) and your seniority in linehaul equals... I feel with 3 years on linehaul, your benefit is to stay here and retire... Bless you my son..

We all had to start somewhere....

I'll take that. BUT, hub,utility goes to bottom. No reason to punish line haul.

Well around here Linehaul is gettin punished all the time, its nice to see these guys that have not been here long though end up making out better then you cause they took that HUB run and you did'nt back when you had a chance... Had to hold on to that Linehaul time, and it don;t mean crap around here anymore...Now I think I'll go drink another beer, I know Im good for that!!

I never understood having all the categories you guys have..Either you work the city or you run linehaul. If you have strap and run to the hub, you have the option to decline dock work. But 5 different categories for doing the same job seems assinine to me.. Gotta say I like the one board thing at con-way..at least you have the option to move around. If you are a senior driver tired of the monotony of night line, you can run the city for a year, then go back to line and still have your same run..