Estes | Runs cut

I never understood having all the categories you guys have..Either you work the city or you run linehaul. If you have strap and run to the hub, you have the option to decline dock work. But 5 different categories for doing the same job seems assinine to me.. Gotta say I like the one board thing at con-way..at least you have the option to move around. If you are a senior driver tired of the monotony of night line, you can run the city for a year, then go back to line and still have your same run..

Our "state-of-the-art" computer system couldn't handle that.. It would crash and burn....

Our "state-of-the-art" computer system couldn't handle that.. It would crash and burn....
lmao. I'm glad our system is set up to keep people like me from reality and the dangers of the outside world. I feel like I have a barrier that protects me from it. I already knew about Conways nightmare system they have. I asked a few ex FedEx drivers at our barn about why they jumped ship. They also had horror stories to tell about their adventurous career over there. Caused me to have nightmares. Beware of the Hyster monster!

Last edited by a moderator:
I never understood having all the categories you guys have..Either you work the city or you run linehaul. If you have strap and run to the hub, you have the option to decline dock work. But 5 different categories for doing the same job seems assinine to me.. Gotta say I like the one board thing at con-way..at least you have the option to move around. If you are a senior driver tired of the monotony of night line, you can run the city for a year, then go back to line and still have your same run..

Years ago Estes was mostly Linehaul so it did not affect so many but now they got this great idea of starting up all these Hub runs everywhere that pay less of course, but still go by all the categories, this company is losing its butt everyday now...

Years ago Estes was mostly Linehaul so it did not affect so many but now they got this great idea of starting up all these Hub runs everywhere that pay less of course, but still go by all the categories, this company is losing its butt everyday now...

There will be more hub drivers after the old hours of service comes back... Oh, and those hubs that were closed after the 11 hour rule was put here, opening back up.. They won't be able to move the freight like they are now without them being opened back up..