XPO | Safety not a core value!

good thing mr marty dont monitor our sleep habits on the way back to lda. we have people resting everyday before returning. hell i take a nap everyday before i get back lda. sure feels good getting that few minutes rest after working the fac.

This is one of the MAIN reasons i left Con-Way, I don't know how many times i was told a break i HAD to use my 16 Hours for that day ,when i leagally coundn't .In my opionon Talk about Saftey at Con-way was always just that TALK. Fortunatley for me i didn't have to much time invested ,I do feel for the senior guys who have to take this crap. Guys do what you need to for saftey cause to the company won't, be Safe
Former XAB Driver

good thing mr marty dont monitor our sleep habits on the way back to lda. we have people resting everyday before returning. hell i take a nap everyday before i get back lda. sure feels good getting that few minutes rest after working the fac.

You know i think the majority of TM's understand this problem well...granted they for the most part do not like their freight getting back late in the mornings, but i do truly think they understand the fatigue=accident issues...their are a few as with everything else, that have to be the ball busters, the go getters so to say....they are truly the ones who will kill the company.

This is one of the MAIN reasons i left Con-Way, I don't know how many times i was told a break i HAD to use my 16 Hours for that day ,when i leagally coundn't .In my opionon Talk about Saftey at Con-way was always just that TALK. Fortunatley for me i didn't have to much time invested ,I do feel for the senior guys who have to take this crap. Guys do what you need to for saftey cause to the company won't, be Safe
Former XAB Driver

Something else to consider...when it all comes down to the meat and potatoes...if one allows these people to push them around and take advantage of them...they certainly will...the hours of service is a driver thing not a manager thing...the only arguments i have ever lost in conway with hours of service issues is what to put in the log book...i.e...hook set and that extra bull...if they try to shove the 16 hour stuff up in you...simply prevent them from having the ability to do so...i used to try and knock that out monday night or tuesday...via a nap on the way home, just kicking back somewhere on the way home, etc...just enough to where i am in the guidelines of crossing the 14/15 hour mark right outside the terminal...do that a few times and they tend to stop...