SAIA | Sales staff and bonuses....

Demolitionman

TB Veteran
Credits
Guess what...sales people are going to be recieving bonuses. They take our pay, 401k, vacation, blah, blah. Sales reps didn't take a pay cut to begin with and now they are going to get a bonus. Those that go out and sell their cheap freight that helps the company lose money, will be getting rewarded for it. What sense does this make? Just don't know anymore guys...

Well, we had a nice 3.8 mil loss for the quarter, so the above seems surreal if true. Well if O'Dell can pay out any kind of bonuses to anyone after the tough year we've had, then I say NO NEW LAYOFFS. IN fact, lets call a few of those folks back to work! I know the TM's around here had a 2 day meeting in HST last week. Here's to hoping the axe don't fall again...

There was a meeting in CLT as well. It's just the usual TM's and sales rep meeting that happens every now and then. What I posted is true. It was not something I heard from another driver. 100% verified.

There has always been a bonus program for salaried employees. It was based on the company meeting it's profit goal and stock prices. Then there was a percentage of profit set aside for bonuses. The individual had goals to meet before they were paid a bonus. As a rep you had to exceed sales goals in each category and as a TM you had to hit safety goals and production goals. However, if the company did not hit the goals no bonus was paid. I would be hard pressed to believe that bonuses were paid this year. I know that the last bonuses to employees was about 2007. We did not get a bonus in 2008 or 2009.

demo man is correct, i wounder how long rick thinks he can keep pulling off this sh*t with the masses revolting. i think it is time for a union vote!

whats the union going to be able to do for you? mgnt makes
the decision"s we as employee"s just have to take what we
can get and a union aint going to help.

demo man is correct, i wounder how long rick thinks he can keep pulling off this sh*t with the masses revolting. i think it is time for a union vote!

Easy there jack knife. Saia management monitors this board VERY frequently with the help of their employees. Union talk WILL get you fired if "HE" finds out who you are.

jackknife} you are an employee of saia you were hired to do a job.mgnt is going
to do what they want and know matter how much you scream it aint going to do
you know good. and especially holloaring out union these people have heard this
for many years and you think anyone going to stick by your side when it comes time
for the company to find out who is trying to get the union started.