XPO | same money as the north

hoagiedriver

TB Lurker
Credits
i have an idea for the south drivers to make the same wage as the north guys. about november 1 we from the north switch terminals with the south and drive their summer like highways all winter . maybe that would give them an idea why we make more.

Good idea maybe the company can see some shareholder value to this.
Bring the North down to the Souths wages.
I will take the snow any day over the rain and ice.

Uh oh! Careful.

They might want us to run their dock and P&D in the oppressively hot and humid summer months.

Put up with tropical storms, hurricanes, and such.

Let's just pay everyone the same for the same job.

That green grass over there might just be Scotts® Turf Builder® Heat-Tolerant Blue Mix.

Come on down and get yourself some of our 100+ degree days with the humidity hovering right around 90% so it feels like it's about 110.Yeah come on down and work a little outbound on a dock that's about 105 degrees with the fans blowing nothing but hot air, and you're complaining about the cold. Everybody ought to make the same thing period. We all do the same job and the guy who signs your check signs mine.

Come on down and get yourself some of our 100+ degree days with the humidity hovering right around 90% so it feels like it's about 110.Yeah come on down and work a little outbound on a dock that's about 105 degrees with the fans blowing nothing but hot air, and you're complaining about the cold. Everybody ought to make the same thing period. We all do the same job and the guy who signs your check signs mine.
I will take that over -15 for weeks on end any day.

The cost of living is different for every region.....A man in NYC should make more than a man in Dallas.....Gas....Food....everything is more expensive in NYC.

Your Weather has nothing to do with being a fair wage ! You should come down here deal with our hotter than hot summers then ! Sorry your Argument makes no sense you have your issues up north we have ours down south should be paid the same we do the same job Period !!

i have an idea for the south drivers to make the same wage as the north guys. about november 1 we from the north switch terminals with the south and drive their summer like highways all winter . maybe that would give them an idea why we make more.

Typically LTL companies have always paid the North more....Because of the cost of living.......That has always been the reason they give. Each region is different. I live in Dallas so I have dealt with this common complaint all my life. Unionized carriers in NYC get paid the same as a driver in New Orleans.....IDK....You tell me?....How much is a loaf of bread in NYC?......A gallon of milk in NYC?....A gallon of gas? ....Probably more than New Orleans...........Non-union carriers have always paid the North more....Right or Wrong IDK.....Those are just the facts.

I think that's a lot of B/S people have a right to live anywhere they want, its the company that's always preaching team, we should all be treated as such (EQUAL), I was born in the south and know how hot and humid it gets down there, they earn there money the same as anyone else know matter where you live!:horse****::grouphug::usa2:

i do agree wages should be the same around unless your in a big city but driving on snow covered roads for months at a time is a very big driver challenge that makes the pay fit.

Typically LTL companies have always paid the North more....Because of the cost of living.......That has always been the reason they give. Each region is different. I live in Dallas so I have dealt with this common complaint all my life. Unionized carriers in NYC get paid the same as a driver in New Orleans.....IDK....You tell me?....How much is a loaf of bread in NYC?......A gallon of milk in NYC?....A gallon of gas? ....Probably more than New Orleans...........Non-union carriers have always paid the North more....Right or Wrong IDK.....Those are just the facts.

You are right about comparing new Orleans with nyc. You will never convince me that its more expensive in poplar bluff mo or Paducah ky than Memphis.

i do agree wages should be the same around unless your in a big city but driving on snow covered roads for months at a time is a very big driver challenge that makes the pay fit.

I am 100% positive that every single one of us is underpaid. F the weather. The BS is intolerable.

Weather will always change. Rain today. Sun tomorrow. Whatever.

Economic conditions have lead to employers undervaluing their drivers in spite of a massive shortage.

If the guys in New York City gets more than a guy in New Orleans. Good for him. Get every penny you can.

But with everything going on we could all certainly use a few more pennies everywhere.

You are right about comparing new Orleans with nyc. You will never convince me that its more expensive in poplar bluff mo or Paducah ky than Memphis.
I'm not saying any of it is right.....I'm just saying that's the excuse they use....And I agree there should be very little difference in the cities you mention....Can any Teamster answer this question? The local here in Texas is the 745......Does the local .....lets say in NY......Pay the same rate of pay as that of its Texas counter part....Lets say for YRC or ABF....Is the hourly rate the same?.......And how about UPS parcel......Is the hourly rate the same no matter where you live? Does the contract stipulate a difference? Parcel is not on The Master Freight agreement but I wonder if the same logic holds true.

I'm not saying any of it is right.....I'm just saying that's the excuse they use....And I agree there should be very little difference in the cities you mention....Can any Teamster answer this question? The local here in Texas is the 745......Does the local .....lets say in NY......Pay the same rate of pay as that of its Texas counter part....Lets say for YRC or ABF....Is the hourly rate the same?.......And how about UPS parcel......Is the hourly rate the same no matter where you live? Does the contract stipulate a difference? Parcel is not on The Master Freight agreement but I wonder if the same logic holds true.
The Teamsters seem to be all over these Conway threads with informed information but I ask a simple question and everyone seems to disappear.

Wow you get to drive on ice all winter and we get to drive on snow. Okay come on down.
Now please tell us why you make more in the summer?

The cost of living is different for every region.....A man in NYC should make more than a man in Dallas.....Gas....Food....everything is more expensive in NYC.[/QUOTE

Really, then how about all the small NORTHERN cities that have a LOWER cost of living, they should be a WHOLE lot less than the BIG southern cities.
Hear is an idea stick to being a moderator and stop commenting

So just because it's always been done that way you support it?

I know lets go back to 4 separate companies like the good old days, you stay off our dock and we will stay of yours. you keep your profit and we will keep ours, you make more great you make more. We make less profit then we gat paid less.