Yellow | Sarah Amico withdraws bid to restart Yellow

Let me take a stab at "culture" differences here. I would suggest that the culture at Holland and other regional carriers somewhat stems from the hustle, "next day delivery" type operation prevalent at regional carriers. On the other hand, long haul carriers may have a less intense type operation because of the nature of their business model. The long haul carrier - "it will get there when it gets there" - verses the regional - "hurry up, it needs to be there tomorrow" - may affect the culture at those carriers. (No charge for my professional analysis by the way. :smile new:)
Valid observations. It wasn't until I left a regional next day carrier and went to GI Trucking that I heard somebody say "No" or look for excuses as to why something couldn't happen instead of searching for solutions as to how to make it happen.

Being at New Penn for over 20 yrs, I have first hand knowledge on this topic. Now granted, we had bums too, just outright lazy mf'ers but it got worse with the merge. When CF closed, we got 3 guys. 2 who fit in perfectly, 1 who hated it and left once he had the chance to. When the God-awful YRC merge happened, we dealt with several bums in both management & labor. Supervision who felt they were smarter & better, drivers & dockmen who that just "wouldn't do what you guys at new penn do", is how it was told to me. I remember a yellow guy bragging to me when they attempted to get & run next day freight. A year later I told him to check that good ol O/R on those next day lanes. He quickly STFU 🤷🏽‍♂️

Puffy, I just can't understand how a man of your exquisite and far-reaching visionary talent would reduce yourself to posting on TB. I thought for sure that you would be spending your days as a preeminent member of Augusta National, proudly donning that green blazer and sitting in splendor. What happened??
Sorry no golf for me, I am more of a cold beer at a tiki bar on the beach person.
Unlike you, I obviously do not look down at the good folks on TB. Thus posting here is not reducing myself to anything, I enjoy the conversation.
See I had you wrong, I thought you were somewhat bright and not an elitist.
Sorry....

Sorry no golf for me, I am more of a cold beer at a tiki bar on the beach person.
Unlike you, I obviously do not look down at the good folks on TB. Thus posting here is not reducing myself to anything, I enjoy the conversation.
See I had you wrong, I thought you were somewhat bright and not an elitist.
Sorry....
Boy, you sure put R T in his place.
The best you did for me is a 4th-grade level child, 381 is a scorned child.
I still think you should keep searching for that bridge club, or did you ever give pickleball a thought?