Yellow | Sarah Amico withdraws bid to restart Yellow

Let me take a stab at "culture" differences here. I would suggest that the culture at Holland and other regional carriers somewhat stems from the hustle, "next day delivery" type operation prevalent at regional carriers. On the other hand, long haul carriers may have a less intense type operation because of the nature of their business model. The long haul carrier - "it will get there when it gets there" - verses the regional - "hurry up, it needs to be there tomorrow" - may affect the culture at those carriers. (No charge for my professional analysis by the way. :smile new:)
Valid observations. It wasn't until I left a regional next day carrier and went to GI Trucking that I heard somebody say "No" or look for excuses as to why something couldn't happen instead of searching for solutions as to how to make it happen.

Being at New Penn for over 20 yrs, I have first hand knowledge on this topic. Now granted, we had bums too, just outright lazy mf'ers but it got worse with the merge. When CF closed, we got 3 guys. 2 who fit in perfectly, 1 who hated it and left once he had the chance to. When the God-awful YRC merge happened, we dealt with several bums in both management & labor. Supervision who felt they were smarter & better, drivers & dockmen who that just "wouldn't do what you guys at new penn do", is how it was told to me. I remember a yellow guy bragging to me when they attempted to get & run next day freight. A year later I told him to check that good ol O/R on those next day lanes. He quickly STFU 🤷🏽‍♂️

So you witnessed the dismantling of Reddaway?
I saw the before and after. Didn't have any YRC- related clients from the moment they announced the acquisitions/formation of YRC until well after the damage was done. Had YRC carriers as clients again for a few years around 2018-2021.

Puffy, I just can't understand how a man of your exquisite and far-reaching visionary talent would reduce yourself to posting on TB. I thought for sure that you would be spending your days as a preeminent member of Augusta National, proudly donning that green blazer and sitting in splendor. What happened??
Sorry no golf for me, I am more of a cold beer at a tiki bar on the beach person.
Unlike you, I obviously do not look down at the good folks on TB. Thus posting here is not reducing myself to anything, I enjoy the conversation.
See I had you wrong, I thought you were somewhat bright and not an elitist.
Sorry....

Sorry no golf for me, I am more of a cold beer at a tiki bar on the beach person.
Unlike you, I obviously do not look down at the good folks on TB. Thus posting here is not reducing myself to anything, I enjoy the conversation.
See I had you wrong, I thought you were somewhat bright and not an elitist.
Sorry....
Boy, you sure put R T in his place.
The best you did for me is a 4th-grade level child, 381 is a scorned child.
I still think you should keep searching for that bridge club, or did you ever give pickleball a thought?

I worked for Roadway briefly as a casual before going to Yellow full-time. In both of those shops, the antagonism was omnipresent. What REALLY chapped my hide though was when I (or another rank-and-filer) would try to suggest something that would make it all work better. We were either a) met with deaf ears; b) told "that's a great idea" and nothing further would happen for YEARS, and then they would claim it was THEIR great idea; or c) they would implement it with no regard and no mention of the root source of that idea. That was discouraging and it happened to me several times.
Personally I don’t care if I get the credit if something works. I just want to see positive results.

Personally I don’t care if I get the credit if something works. I just want to see positive results.
You can suggest something at Estes and they will just tell you that's not how we do here or they will just tell you something they think you want hear just to get you out of there space. Ive seen them tell different drivers a different story just to get them moving on. Its comical sometimes and sometimes it makes you upset because you know at some they did the same to you.

You can suggest something at Estes and they will just tell you that's not how we do here or they will just tell you something they think you want hear just to get you out of there space. Ive seen them tell different drivers a different story just to get them moving on. It’s comical sometimes and sometimes it makes you upset because you know at some they did the same to you.
I just want to know if there’s any accountability in central dispatch… so far I’ve seen a lot of wasted empty miles and ineptitude.

I just want to know if there’s any accountability in central dispatch… so far I’ve seen a lot of wasted empty miles and ineptitude.
Ive heard a some drivers getting somewhere and having a long wait for something just to be told to take some empties somewhere. That really burn when you are not getting paid by the hour. Charlotte is notorious for making you wait.

You can suggest something at Estes and they will just tell you that's not how we do here or they will just tell you something they think you want hear just to get you out of there space. Ive seen them tell different drivers a different story just to get them moving on. Its comical sometimes and sometimes it makes you upset because you know at some they did the same to you.
Steer, I'm flabbergasted! I thought Estes was this "extended family" type of operation. That isn't it??

Steer, I'm flabbergasted! I thought Estes was this "extended family" type of operation. That isn't it??
They're extended family , but if your last name isn't Estes you are basically a number. Don't get me wrong they pay me good to provide them my time and labor that's the deal. However i know im not family and i can be replaced in a heartbeat. There have been some people who have been here a while and got bad sick and had to be out a while to go through chemo or something of that nature and after short term disability ran out they would get there termination letter from corporate. That really sucks if your fighting for life and its already bad you get to read you are let go but if you get fixed you can come back and re apply but you start at rock bottom again. I heard of a lady who was pregnant and had some trouble with her pregnancy and had to be out for the doctors to keep running tests and treating her so she and her baby could make it and she had been with the company for some time they let her go. So depends on what you wanna call family i guess. I just try to keep my mouth shut and do my job. My opinions have no influence and i just hope nothing major happens to me health wise because if it does after a certain time im probably gone as well. I think Estes is a decent company, but i don't trust them whole heartedly.

They're extended family , but if your last name isn't Estes you are basically a number. Don't get me wrong they pay me good to provide them my time and labor that's the deal. However i know im not family and i can be replaced in a heartbeat. There have been some people who have been here a while and got bad sick and had to be out a while to go through chemo or something of that nature and after short term disability ran out they would get there termination letter from corporate. That really sucks if your fighting for life and its already bad you get to read you are let go but if you get fixed you can come back and re apply but you start at rock bottom again. I heard of a lady who was pregnant and had some trouble with her pregnancy and had to be out for the doctors to keep running tests and treating her so she and her baby could make it and she had been with the company for some time they let her go. So depends on what you wanna call family i guess. I just try to keep my mouth shut and do my job. My opinions have no influence and i just hope nothing major happens to me health wise because if it does after a certain time im probably gone as well. I think Estes is a decent company, but i don't trust them whole heartedly.
I was able to take an unpaid leave of absence at YRC while still building seniority always better being Union they can't just let you go after FMLA runs out we had guy come from XPO same issue.