R&L | sell out

baby huey

TB Lurker
Credits
With all the number crunching going on has anyone woundered if the are trying to make the company look better than the others to get more money out of it when the try to sell it, seeing how sr. has steped down again and jr looking to get out of it and move on to something of his own. just a thought hope im wrong.

Who could actually afford to buy it? If R+L has operated the way it has in the past, it has no debt. So, whomever buys it will actually have to pay cash. Not like other companies holding debt where you pay some cash and assume the debt. Given the current climate, I don't believe there is any other transportation company strong enough to do it. OD is the only one who has had better than average quarters as of late. Now maybe someone outside of the transportation industry like the new owner of BNSF can afford it. Wait a minute, that makes Warren already in the transportation industry. Maybe he thinks transportation is on the rebound. I can see investing in energy, but transportation is almost as bad as restaraunt and entertainment.

Makes sense...

I would not be surprised at all if they sold the company...

Senior is probably tired of the headache, and the boys don't want to run the thing...

Who knows...:TR10driving03:

dont know about the rest of you, but i would be prepared to look for another job if this sell out is true........there are other companies that are paying at the same level as R&L or really close.....i know one company thats paying their wrench turners just 1.05 less than me starting pay but in my opinion, that aint bad....dont have to stress yourself out to much and they pay time and half and they got new internationals,sterlings,volvos, and freightliners and buy 2 to 4 new tractors a year unlike R&L buying these :shit:ty *** old macks that should be put to sleep rather than on the road:TR10driving03: and even when they do buy new tractors(well i should say new used tractors from penske) they shippem out west and we get stuck with the trash......hey senior and junior, how about giving each region new tractors, or u just pocketing the money for new tractors and gettin ready to sell out the company??????????:gathering:

hey senior and junior, how about giving each region new tractors

New trucks are crap. Keep buying used trucks. I'd rather see $20,000 be put into a used truck that is going to be reliable then to buy a new truck where the new California certified engines haven't had the bugs worked out yet.

R&L sold

New owners will not retain any blue collar workers just the Clowns that run the company.:hysterical::rofl2::rofl: Welcome Ringling Brothers & Barnum-Bailey Circus to the transportation bussiness

No Jag, the problem is that we've got a bunch of young pups that have NEVER seen hard times, they think things are REALLY terrible right now.

Remember the Carter years? This is nothing but a bump in the road...........

Carter

No Jag, the problem is that we've got a bunch of young pups that have NEVER seen hard times, they think things are REALLY terrible right now.

Remember the Carter years? This is nothing but a bump in the road...........

I was on Food stamps and living in low cost housing while on Active Duty.

Why would you build a new terminal in hatfield, pa than put the entire terminal up for lease, every terminal we have and that is operational is for sale or for lease!! Hmmmm check it out, rl investments web site.

Why would you build a new terminal in hatfield, pa than put the entire terminal up for lease, every terminal we have and that is operational is for sale or for lease!! Hmmmm check it out, rl investments web site.

i don't like what is going on at all either however,to be fair...i beleive they are saying a portion of each terminal is for sale or lease. here at mine we lease part of ours to another crap trucking outfit and last i heard was rl was getting $10,000 a month for some parking spaces and a couple shop bays. just some extra cash per month. i know here we have a lot more yard/doors/office space than we need.

Hatfield was built to expand the old rented terminal they were in & to service some areas from Leb & Phi.

Yikes

The thought of bringing in the guns from YRC to take over R & L is scary and just plain stupid. Why bring in guys who already ran one company into the ground - what so that can do the same thing to yours? It's a bit short sided on the Roberts part.