SAIA | Short These Truckers!

imported_River17

TB Veteran
Credits
Truckingboards.com Mentioned in this Article.
Short These Truckers!
“Keep on Truckin’...” A noble sentiment and a great song............
It’s way better as a song than an investment, however. Especially now. If manufacturing is down, construction is down, and consumers are saving more and buying less (see last paragraph) what happens to the trucking business? That’s what truckers do, after all – move manufacturing, construction, food and retail goods around the country. Well, there’s still food anyway…
Something may be up with SAIA. It roared ahead on today's down day, up 6% to 16.77. It opened at 16.50, a nice gap opening that often indicates the rumor, if not the reality, of good news. Unless the news is that someone outside the industry is taking them over, I just don’t see the “unknown” good news as coming to fruition. A takeover from inside the business would be just one sick puppy trying to nurse another sick puppy back to health. The stock is up from its low in the last year of 7.02 (and more than double it’s March 9 opening low of 8.14.)
Con-Way is 32 today, up from its March 9 low of 13.20. That’s up 242% in 3 months. I say it’s also ripe for a fall. I’ve looked at TruckingBoards.com (yes, there really is such a website) to see if there is any chatter among the drivers as to why either of these should be up like this. Nada. Zilch. Bupkus.
Short These Truckers! -- Seeking Alpha

:shift:

Maybe it's the big account we are getting back in july? I doubt it though. It's a national account, but I doubt it would have that kind of impact.

Maybe, just maybe, our business levels are rising. Rumors-isn't that what discussion boards thrive on? Apparently, the author of that article doesn't have enough flies on the wall to find out what is going on.