XPO | Should a million mile driver be paid more?Should every company honor them no matter where you drove?

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
Seems like it would be a nice standard for the trucking industry if EVERY trucking company would recognize your miles drive universally. Maybe spot you 5 years for every safe million miles driven.
I don't know. What do you think?

I don't think so. We have a million mile driver who has had 2 accidents in the last 4 yrs. He doesn't deserve the recognition, but the TM swept his accidents under the rug. Everyone at our terminal knows he didn't get the million miles. This fella gets lots of special treatment.

I don't think so. We have a million mile driver who has had 2 accidents in the last 4 yrs. He doesn't deserve the recognition, but the TM swept his accidents under the rug. Everyone at our terminal knows he didn't get the million miles. This fella gets lots of special treatment.
I think a lot of this kind of thing happens across the board at Con/Way!

at our barn its called the liars club because it seems that you can recall everyone of them hitting something or dropping trailers you get the idea

My husband got his Million Miles honestly. His last DOT check was spotless, the officer went over his paperwork and load for an hour and didn't find a thing. So when the patch and all of that came through what happened? Nothing. Nada. Just his SCM of the moment gave him his stuff then walked off. That was also back when they were still doing the company booklets honoring milestones for people. Nada.

But I have to ask how they calculate this mileage anyways. Someone that was hired a few days after my husband and has worked as many 4 days as he could (used up his hours in the 4 days of linehaul so he couldn't work Fridays) and took off those Fridays for special occasions, illnesses, etc to the point it became a joke got his 2 Million miles recently. Took him 20 years to get the first million and only 5 to get the second? With just 4 days a week of work? No he didn't have any accidents, of course the working less days a week helped out on that point. BTW the 4 days a week has been going on about as long as he's worked there.

A driver is a driver.
Been around for awhile, different companies and I keep track of my years safe as well as miles. At one time one of the companies gave out ATA Safe Driver patches and so did others. Remember when one company gave me a 1yr Safe Patch (ATA), I said Thankyou but I have "X" years safe and over 2 million safe. Even brought in my patches to prove it.
My wife even calculated my miles recently and tried to get me a 3 million mile buckle as a surprise. The ATA refused because the miles did not come from 1 company and the company can not verify either.
So how good is a CDL.....nation wide rule. 1 license