Yellow | Should there be a 30 and out?

C'mon, Wolf....God is an 80s thing....In the new millenium, he is an ICON....

I get very uncomfortable being mentioned in the same breath as our good Lord, at least in the way you are all doing it. But my recollection is that God was dead in the sixties and wasn't rediscovered until the late '90s. And anything that has to do with any new age b.s., if that is what you are referring to, makes me want to puke. Anybody that knows me here knows I am pretty much old school, and even though I am a Teamster, I am pretty conservative. I know that is hard for you to understand, Boxboss, but it is true. And I find no conflict with that and being a union supporter. And I know many other Teamsters who share my philosophy. Oh, and by the way, don't tell anybody this, but I didn't kill myself. I ain't got the guts to do that.

I really hate to hurt any feelings, I started teamster dockwork with Duff truck lines in 1965 I was 18. I continued to work till I went to the Air Force,

NOW, YES i BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE A 30 AND OUT AT ANY AGE!!!!!!!

ESP 1st let me thank you for volunteering & serving during the Vietnam War.
I would also like to see a 30 year retirement option without any penalties, but unfortunately many funds cannot afford that option thanks to our good friend Teddy Kennedy & his spearheading of the deregulation of the Trucking Industry. Today he may be a friend of the Teamsters but IMO he carries most of the blame for the downward spiral of what was once a great paying, blue collar job.

Play on words, Larry, nothing more...nothing personal intended...I got alot of old school in me too...For pete's sake, anyone who can remember a regulated trucking industry has the right to call themselves old school...I think we are on the same page, and alot more alike than even we would want to admit...

And thanks for not killing yourself...I enjoy your posts..

Originally Posted by ESP
I really hate to hurt any feelings, I started teamster dockwork with Duff truck lines in 1965 I was 18. I continued to work till I went to the Air Force,

NOW, YES i BELIEVE THERE SHOULD BE A 30 AND OUT AT ANY AGE!!!!!!!

Seniority is an earned Right & Privalage why should a guy who has reached thirty years be forced out if he is still capable of doing the job ???? I know when times get slow like they are now everyone looks around and focuses on something they think might make thier life a little better.. Back in the late 70's & early 80's these thirty year men went thru the same things we are going thru poor economy, lack of decent jobs, the only one thing they had in thier favor was that freight was regulated.. So in today's enviroment you best be doing the best job you can to see to it that your employer is around when this economy picks back up. Because a good job is to hard to hard to come by good economy or not...