Yellow | Sick Leave

Our personal days being left just like they were, cost the company nothing! Why would the union allow them to have this back which they once had years ago? They kept the attendance policy language from the MOU which should have been taken out with the rest of the language. Now they will make it impossible for us to take a personal day without discipline, you will have to take 3 and how does that work on last 2? We will also have to wait 3 full months without any sick leave in 2020?
They dont want everyone calling off in the winter so they figure give the sick days in April you will use them up before winter! No protection in contract from being forced to work in blizzards and negative 20 below zero last winter 309 threatened a bunch of foreign drivers at hotel with their jobs if they didn't come into work after so many called off.

They dont want everyone calling off in the winter so they figure give the sick days in April you will use them up before winter! No protection in contract from being forced to work in blizzards and negative 20 below zero last winter 309 threatened a bunch of foreign drivers at hotel with their jobs if they didn't come into work after so many called off.
They forced us shuttle guys out in that cold,so we drove 40 mph,instead of 45!!! Last time we heard anything from mike and mike in relay....

If I’m Reading It Rite , No One In The Company Will Have Sicks Days To Use For The Next 5 Years From Jan. 1 - March 31 . Because What U Don’t Use By Dec. 31 , You Will Be Paid For On Jan. 31 & Not Get New Batch Until April 1

After reading over it a few more times, the date you recieve sick days will still be January 1 and any un used sick time from previous year will be paid out January 31. The updated version of the tentative agreement on Teamster website states sick days will be paid out on 3rd day of absence unless hospitalized. How ever this will work it is not good for rank and file. The attendance policy was kept as new language into the Master from previous MOU. This provision gives the company all rights to discriminate against employees they do not like (ones that make stands and hold them to contract) Employees they do like could be out more than others and it gives all power to company at their discretion to discipline how they see fit. The national attendance policy should have been thrown out along with rest of MOU and all employees treated equal and fairly!

After reading over it a few more times, the date you recieve sick days will still be January 1 and any un used sick time from previous year will be paid out January 31. The updated version of the tentative agreement on Teamster website states sick days will be paid out on 3rd day of absence unless hospitalized. How ever this will work it is not good for rank and file. The attendance policy was kept as new language into the Master from previous MOU. This provision gives the company all rights to discriminate against employees they do not like (ones that make stands and hold them to contract) Employees they do like could be out more than others and it gives all power to company at their discretion to discipline how they see fit. The national attendance policy should have been thrown out along with rest of MOU and all employees treated equal and fairly!

The 3rd day payout on sick days will surely make it harder for rank and file to take sick days and will open them up to discipline when they are truly sick for a day or couple days.

If I’m Reading It Rite , No One In The Company Will Have Sicks Days To Use For The Next 5 Years From Jan. 1 - March 31 . Because What U Don’t Use By Dec. 31 , You Will Be Paid For On Jan. 31 & Not Get New Batch Until April 1
You will get 5 sick days every Jan 1st. You have till Dec 31st to use them. Any unused sick days must be paid by Jan 31st, same as it has been. That is what we were told at our meeting Saturday. The 3rd day thing was a misprint that has been corrected.

You will get 5 sick days every Jan 1st. You have till Dec 31st to use them. Any unused sick days must be paid by Jan 31st, same as it has been. That is what we were told at our meeting Saturday. The 3rd day thing was a misprint that has been corrected.
I would like to thank you for going to your local union member meeting and bringing it to their attention but the truth of the matter is show it to me on paper because if it is not written in it's no good show it to me on paper

Thank You For Clearing Up Lexmark , I Just Attended Our Local Meeting And They Told Us That The Absenteeism Policy Just Got Stricter Because There Are No Longer 2 Grievance Steps , The City And State Panels Are Gone And All Suspension Day Grievances & Discharge’s Relating To Absenteeism Go Straight To JAC In Chicago ... No More Local Help .

F3kIKP9.jpg

Thank You For Clearing Up Lexmark , I Just Attended Our Local Meeting And They Told Us That The Absenteeism Policy Just Got Stricter Because There Are No Longer 2 Grievance Steps , The City And State Panels Are Gone And All Suspension Day Grievances & Discharge’s Relating To Absenteeism Go Straight To JAC In Chicago ... No More Local Help .
Absenteeism and tardiness should be separate progressions if they tell you their giving you a letter for being late threaten take the full 3 days off they won't give you the letter!

This needs to be cleared up by someone who knows.
I personally don't think it has changed.
(but what do I know? Not much)
Vote no if you don't like it.
Nothing has passed yet.
So keep calm.
:1036316054:
As a former union Steward. When a question arises, the best source of correct information is your local union. Some work rules vary by supplemental agreements. Your BA should be able to tell you what specific language means.

The 3rd day payout on sick days will surely make it harder for rank and file to take sick days and will open them up to discipline when they are truly sick for a day or couple days.
That particular language is in Article 38 of the 4/1/2008 to 3/31/2013 NMFA and has been in EVERY NMFA since I began in 1988. And in fact since 1976. Perhaps if you had been more familiar with the language of the contract, under which you work, this wouldn't be such a surprise.
Paragraph 3 and I quote. "Sick leave will be paid to eligible employees beginning on the third (3rd) working day of absence due to sickness or accident except where the employee is hospitalized prior to that date when it will be paid beginning on the date of hospitalization."
Quite frankly BRG I am flabbergasted that neither you or Wong corrected this erroneous post by Byrrd. You and your partner will have some "splainin" to do! :hilarious:

That particular language is in Article 38 of the 4/1/2008 to 3/31/2013 NMFA and has been in EVERY NMFA since I began in 1988. And in fact since 1976. Perhaps if you had been more familiar with the language of the contract, under which you work, this wouldn't be such a surprise.
Paragraph 3 and I quote. "Sick leave will be paid to eligible employees beginning on the third (3rd) working day of absence due to sickness or accident except where the employee is hospitalized prior to that date when it will be paid beginning on the date of hospitalization."
Quite frankly BRG I am flabbergasted that neither you or Wong corrected this erroneous post by Byrrd. You and your partner will have some "splainin" to do! :hilarious:

Speaking of the devil (Wong), where the heck is he? He's been strangely absent from posting lately. Is he stuck under a boardwalk somewhere or is he snooping around in the Cayman Islands again?