FedEx Freight | Sign a card and your probably fired right?

Problem is, where i used to work before coming here, they were organizing the union there. It missed by a few votes, and the ones that organized it was ****ed with until they quit, make a mistake and were fired and worse..................compared to where i have worked before, this is a cakewalk. and in closing, be careful of what you wish for. it might NOT turn out as you planned

This guys upper management

Problem is, where i used to work before coming here, they were organizing the union there. It missed by a few votes, and the ones that organized it was ****ed with until they quit, make a mistake and were fired and worse..................compared to where i have worked before, this is a cakewalk. and in closing, be careful of what you wish for. it might NOT turn out as you planned

The Bossman's shoes are looking a little dirty...go get your shine box!!:butt kiss:

Look guys we can't compare fed ex with overnight,yrc, or other trucking companies
Fed Ex has very good management and is way more profitable than those.
If you want to compare then compare to UPS . As for private sector unions ( fire police teachers etc) I believe
it's based in taxes not goods and services

Actually, no it is not not, the company was Polar Beverages and i was there when it all happened. all of the guys that left and got screwed over ended up doing better than what they had to begin with. I am not using scare tactics or making anyone make any decision either way. I have worked at both union and non union shops over the years ( and i entered the workforce in the 70's) and i have seen Pepsi, Stop & Shop, YRC and many others get screwed over during contract time. Hell, Boston's police officers and the teachers have had no contract in like forever. I have seen these things go from very well to very bad in the blink of a eye.

I also understand that not all houses run the same at all, and that is a good and valid point to consider.............. as i was told during training, always cover your own ass, no one else is going to do it for you.........

okay, off my soap box now

Your argument makes a case for MORE unionization amongst all trades. Unity is the only defense against these white collar criminals. Now go get your shine box....Bossman's shoes aren't as shiny as he likes them...

Look guys we can't compare fed ex with overnight,yrc, or other trucking companies
If you want to compare then compare to UPS . As for private sector unions ( fire police teachers etc) I believe
Dont compare fedex to overnite but do compare them to UPS. Ok got it, I think.

If by very good management, you mean leadership that has pushed us into a corner and right into the arms of the Teamsters, then you are correct. I'd say the label "very good management" is all relative to perspective. Very good management doesn't alienate a good portion of their workforce, by allowing them to flounder, while the company rakes in profits. I.E. utilizing purchase transport, while their employees sit home, contracting p&d work out, under the guise of "delivery by 2 PM", only to use said contracted services to deliver inbound freight. Very good management doesn't label this discourse as "mere union tactics, to get a piece of the pie now that we are profitable". Very good management, would set aside their bias and arrogance, look in the mirror, and admit they haven't seen the forest for the trees. Very good management would admit that while their belt tightening in 08-09 was warranted, the length of said belt tightening was driven by market forces, rather than sound business ethics. Very good management would admit that they overstepped their bounds with punitive corrective actions that put their workforce on edge, and constantly had them looking over their shoulders. Very good management would admit that there is no other reason than greed, that a self insured company such as ours, is shouldering its employees with the burden of our health care costs, all while pocketing the savings, and not passing on the savings in compensation to make up for said health care increases. It is in our best interest, as a workforce, to compare to UPS(Overnight), YRC, ABF, Dayton, OD.....because if we don't, we fail to realize our true worth.

No reports of any firings yet from those that have filed. The legal Dept. knows better.
If you exercise your right to sign, and continue to do your job, you'll be fine.

No reports of any firings yet from those that have filed. The legal Dept. knows better.
If you exercise your right to sign, and continue to do your job, you'll be fine.

I expect to see action if CIN and EPH both vote yes. Get the popcorn ready.

I expect the Co. to step up the anti-union "education".

Without a doubt they will. Funny how this company has trouble providing us with better pay and benefits but has no problem paying us to attend their captive audience meetings for which they get zero productivity from us. Wonder what "number" that helps them meet?

no you won't get fired but one thing i'll will tell you this union thing will turn your co-workers to - cowards, liers, men into mice and mice into tuff guys. you will see the true colors in people. the important thing is to make your desidsion based on your opion, not someone elses.,,,,,p.s. keep it kosher!!!

no you won't get fired but one thing i'll will tell you this union thing will turn your co-workers to - cowards, liers, men into mice and mice into tuff guys. you will see the true colors in people. the important thing is to make your desidsion based on your opion, not someone elses.,,,,,p.s. keep it kosher!!!

"Men into mice, mice into tuff guys"? Kinda high on the drama. While I do understand what you're getting at, I don't think that offsets the "possible" gains. Pay, retirement health care, locked in insurance costs, improved pension, orderly following of a consistent set of rules, job security, seniority honored, just to name a few possible gains... I just don't see the possibility of these gains without representation (voice at the table).

Last edited by a moderator: