FedEx Freight | Sign up for the fedex employee shipping discount.

Oldernwiser

TB Lurker
Credits
If you haven't done so.
I saved a bunch of coin using the employee discount program sending and recieving stuff thru Express and Ground. Haven't needed to use it on Freight yet but if you do much on-line shopping,use it.
Beats the hell out paying more and supporting the United Parcel Smashers! I'd rather see one of our guys get back to work rather then one of theirs.

Where is your loyalty? Our profits are down and you are using a discount? Help a guy out and pay full rate.

If you haven't done so.
I saved a bunch of coin using the employee discount program sending and recieving stuff thru Express and Ground. Haven't needed to use it on Freight yet but if you do much on-line shopping,use it.
Beats the hell out paying more and supporting the United Parcel Smashers!

Based on the condition of some of what I deliver, we do a much better job of smashing than UPS so I'd be extremely hesitant to ship FXF.

But I definitely agree with you about using Express and Ground. When the shipper has given me a choice, I've always requested FedEx.

I've used Kinko's...I mean Office several times and saved some $$$.

How do you get the discount?

If I remember correctly, you've got to go to FedEx Office and present your badge and set up an account, right?

Mike Varnco :smilie_132:

You can personally go to a FedEx Office to ship using the employee badge to get the discount.
The employee shipping account is great for making out labels at home with your printer if you have a scale to weigh the package and have them come by your office or house to pick up whatever you are shipping.
Also if you want to ship something from somewhere else or someone else you can give them your account number to charge it to your account.
The only stipulation that I remember is that you are not to use this employee account to ship items you sell on Ebay on a regular basis.

:popcorn:

I'm sorry .... normally I'm pretty much a company man .... but I went to send something express overseas..... found out I could not afford ... us ... even with the discount ($165.00 before discount for something smaller than a shoe box, and weighed less, knitted baby blanket ).... went US Mail for less than $20.00 .. have the rates came down.....:flame:

Express international is a 75% discount for employees. The only case it does not apply to I think is airport to airport service.

How do you get the discount?

If I remember correctly, you've got to go to FedEx Office and present your badge and set up an account, right?

Your CCM can just print out the US Employee Reduced Rate Shipping Account Number Request. Then it's just a matter of you filling out the form, (simple) then logging in to fedex.com and to create a user name, password, and on to obtaining a account number. The form has the instructions and it's a simple process.
Then you can just have the CCM or someone at the Center fax the request into the fax number given with the info provided.

I use it both ways now and ALWAYS have the shipper use my account to ship and it does save some bigtime coin 99% of the time when I compare to UPS. If they don't want to use FedEx I threaten to take my biz elsewhere. That usally changes their mind. :)

I'm sorry .... normally I'm pretty much a company man .... but I went to send something express overseas..... found out I could not afford ... us ... even with the discount ($165.00 before discount for something smaller than a shoe box, and weighed less, knitted baby blanket ).... went US Mail for less than $20.00 .. have the rates came down.....:flame:

With the company employee discount it would have cost you $41.25. FedEx express gets things through customs quickly. Depending on the value, the manufacture origin, and the commodity customs can be difficult. FedEx will deliver the package then bill the consignee for the customs if you set it up that way. FedEx Express to Europe is about 3 days, you can track and they will email you when it is delivered. USPS First Class International can take one or two weeks and if it never shows up, oh well. I have family in Europe and use FedEx often, they have never failed, but you are correct they are not cheap for international express.

I would love to ship Fedex for my husbands business. I got pricing from the terminal I am out of (Freight) and we were $100.00 more per item. Fedex said it was hub unfriendly freight and that they didn't want it. Considering he ships an average of 10 items per week, that is alot of money. With regret he is shipping with the freight company down the street from the terminal I work out of.

Automotive car lifts. They are shipped all over the United States. I have been with this company 5 years and started on the dock and worked my way up to road. They are not nearly as bad as half the crap I see go across the dock. They are all brand new and even have a sticker on them that says insert forks here. They are approx. 2'X3'X12'. You can fit about 30 of them on a flatbed. None of our manufacturers will ship Fedex either.

Automotive car lifts. They are shipped all over the United States. I have been with this company 5 years and started on the dock and worked my way up to road. They are not nearly as bad as half the crap I see go across the dock. They are all brand new and even have a sticker on them that says insert forks here. They are approx. 2'X3'X12'. You can fit about 30 of them on a flatbed. None of our manufacturers will ship Fedex either.

That's interesting.
I'm curious as to why they thought this particular freight was "hub unfriendly".
Did they give a reason?

No, they just blew me off. I was trying to ensure my job but they could have cared less. We spend approx. $250.00 to ship one lift. Fedex wanted $350.00 per lift. They would not even send a salesman to speak to him. Spoke with several freight companies that wanted our business, but not Fedex. He works with 9 manufacturers all over the United States and Canada. Not one of them ship Fedex! How sad is that?

I have

I have used the discount many, many times using the overnight service. I send my mortgage payment to Kansas City using it, and generally cost about 5-6 dollars to have it there by 10:30 am. Not a bad perk.

when shipping with employee discount this is for personel items only.if you ship product that is for business or profit you will be putting your job on the line.