Yellow | Simply Confused

steercrazee

TB Veteran
Credits
Im a simple person with limited knowledge. I read this forum and see these stories about Yellow still could come back somehow someway. Im just curious as to how they could when the most of their terminals just got sold and a lot of their equipment has to. Over at Estes they have Yellow tractors and trailers all over their bigger terminals being stripped and rebranded. There is talk in the offices about the what is going to become of the yellow terminals just bought. How can what's been sold off be taking back without a lot of lawsuits being filed? Why would these people now want to pay out all this money for Yellow when they could have done it months ago when they first closed and probably gotten then? Im saddened that a lot of people lost their jobs this isn't about that. Im just dumbfounded about all the talk of these companies wanting it all now at this point in the game.

Im a simple person with limited knowledge. I read this forum and see these stories about Yellow still could come back somehow someway. Im just curious as to how they could when the most of their terminals just got sold and a lot of their equipment has to. Over at Estes they have Yellow tractors and trailers all over their bigger terminals being stripped and rebranded. There is talk in the offices about the what is going to become of the yellow terminals just bought. How can what's been sold off be taking back without a lot of lawsuits being filed? Why would these people now want to pay out all this money for Yellow when they could have done it months ago when they first closed and probably gotten then? Im saddened that a lot of people lost their jobs this isn't about that. Im just dumbfounded about all the talk of these companies wanting it all now at this point in the game.
It possibly just a name which will remain in business?
That's a guess.

I believe the terminal "sales" are not official until the bankruptcy court says so. A final decision about the "going concern" bid is still out there.

The game has changed even in a soft freight market. It's all about footprint (terminal locations) and cockblocking each other's share of the market when it corrects itself. I think Sara / Amico will come out of this with something to assist New Century or expand Cooper. They're lacking offerings to their customer base in the SW and NE. I learned a little about them when they offered me a position. I know several people in IT from Yellow who took positions with Cooper. A lot but not all of it was outsourced to India.

Just go to work Monday ,Wayne, and forget about all this speculation. Whatever happens, happens.

So was Estes and X.P.O , and the others just wasting their time the other day bidding on the terminals? Seems to be some bumbling bobbling around or something or another. The outcome needs to be clear so people can move on with their lives. Seems corporations play games to see who can confuse the others. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Just be honest and truthful and quit the shenanigans.

So was Estes and X.P.O , and the others just wasting their time the other day bidding on the terminals? Seems to be some bumbling bobbling around or something or another. The outcome needs to be clear so people can move on with their lives. Seems corporations play games to see who can confuse the others. Let your yes be yes and your no be no. Just be honest and truthful and quit the shenanigans.
Just asking, but do you and the Sideways guy PM each other?

They are not coming back. They are don.

Just asking, but do you and the Sideways guy PM each other?
Don't know sideways. Ive just never seen so much interest in a company this far gone. I would have thought this kind of stuff should have happened right at the beginning of their closing not after other companies have bought stuff from auction companies that were hired to handle it etc. You know a day late and a dollar short type scenario here.

Bed Bath and Beyond comes to mind. Total liquidation. The name and intellectual property was sold to Overstock.com. Then Overstock rebranded themselves. Maybe Cooper wants the customer lists to try for the auto suppliers
What they should do is bid on the rolling stock and make a slow comeback like Dugan has done. Maybe a couple of regional lanes or something.