Dayton | Sleeper Trucks

Kelly Transport was the otr division for Dayton Freight Lines, they discontinued operations a few years ago. They may have ‘re-flagged’ a few of the tractors, but it’s my understanding that did not use them as ‘sleeper units’.

Wasn’t going to comment, but: WB 94 Kzoo MI this AM. SB 75 Toledo week before last. Outbound GR week before that.

Is that the assignment they wanted?
As far as I know yes. We are not forced into it st our terminal. It's no different than system bid for Saia or Extra Board for Estes. Even though they have sleeper trucks they still stay in hotels. There are a few of the old Kelley guys who I've seen stay in their sleeper. But that is their choice. We get a CLC card just like the other 2 I mentioned.

When I worked at Dayton, the Kelly drivers hated pulling the Dayton loads. They needed to drive straight thru the night, hence they couldn’t park it at 2:00am for their 5-6 hour nap. Several told me over the years, that “you drivers on the ltl side of the company are out of your fricken minds for driving all nite long”.

When I worked at Dayton, the Kelly drivers hated pulling the Dayton loads. They needed to drive straight thru the night, hence they couldn’t park it at 2:00am for their 5-6 hour nap. Several told me over the years, that “you drivers on the ltl side of the company are out of your fricken minds for driving all nite long”.
I seen new hires depart at 10 pm and retun at midnight sayin they cant hack it , sounded good at the 9am job interview !