XPO | Smoking in the trucks and on the yard!

walken1414

TB Lurker
Credits
:frown:Does anybody else have trouble with other drivers smoking in the trucks? At NMP for some reason they turn a blind eye to the problem. If we have a company policy against smoking in the trucks then enforce it, plain and simple. There is no reson for us non smokers to have to deal with trucks that have been smoked in. I mean when you have white shirts out smoking by the trailers i guess you can't expect much.

:frown:Does anybody else have trouble with other drivers smoking in the trucks? At NMP for some reason they turn a blind eye to the problem. If we have a company policy against smoking in the trucks then enforce it, plain and simple. There is no reson for us non smokers to have to deal with trucks that have been smoked in. I mean when you have white shirts out smoking by the trailers i guess you can't expect much.

I am a former smoker, and have no problem with driving a truck that has been recently smoked in. I would rather smell stale cigarettes than spilled spitoons, or kimchee like one of our drivers likes to eat in the truck.....

I am a former smoker, and have no problem with driving a truck that has been recently smoked in. I would rather smell stale cigarettes than spilled spitoons, or kimchee like one of our drivers likes to eat in the truck.....
I don't want any of the three in my truck, that's why we have a no smoking policy. The problem is the SCMs that won't enforce it!

I don't want any of the three in my truck, that's why we have a no smoking policy. The problem is the SCMs that won't enforce it!

Yes I agree, and I will bet that your scm is a smoker too. It's kinda hard to get an scm to enforce the "no smoking in company vehicle rule", when the scm smokes in the company car....sounds to me like you need to take the next step and contact your Regional Manager....

I like kimchee with hard boiled eggs and a big dill pickel. Maybe that's why no one likes to share a trac with me.....

Yes I agree, and I will bet that your scm is a smoker too. It's kinda hard to get an scm to enforce the "no smoking in company vehicle rule", when the scm smokes in the company car....sounds to me like you need to take the next step and contact your Regional Manager....

Well i think it will have to go farther than that since our regional manger is at our service center and does nothing about it. Ours doesn't smoke but just refuses to do anything about it. I guess next step is Ann Arbor. We have had guys go to the Hr and still nothing.

Well i think it will have to go farther than that since our regional manger is at our service center and does nothing about it. Ours doesn't smoke but just refuses to do anything about it. I guess next step is Ann Arbor. We have had guys go to the Hr and still nothing.

Man just talk to the guys and ask them to help keep it clean and maybe spray some oust or somthing when they get out. Sure in the hell ain't worth being a rat over.

Live and let live. You never know, you might bump another trailer or damage a forklift in the future. If the rules are selectively enforced at your service center, how can management possibly gig you for a mistake when they don't gig others for their mistakes? Use the selective enforcement of the rules to your advantage if necessary.

Man just talk to the guys and ask them to help keep it clean and maybe spray some oust or somthing when they get out. Sure in the hell ain't worth being a rat over.
How can a person be a RAt for reporting the smoking? If they don't have enough respect for the drivers who don't smoke then why should i care about them. I drive that truck every nite and have the same day time driver and neither one of us smoke. And you want to call me a rat because i don't want smoke in my truck?

Live and let live. You never know, you might bump another trailer or damage a forklift in the future. If the rules are selectively enforced at your service center, how can management possibly gig you for a mistake when they don't gig others for their mistakes? Use the selective enforcement of the rules to your advantage if necessary.
I have already tried that but they still write you up for not locking a truck and then tell you if they don't see they can't do anything about it.

Maybe you should buy yourself a smokefree truck.

How can a person be a RAt for reporting the smoking? If they don't have enough respect for the drivers who don't smoke then why should i care about them. I drive that truck every nite and have the same day time driver and neither one of us smoke. And you want to call me a rat because i don't want smoke in my truck?

You have not become one yet, am just trying to get across there are always different options for different situations. Be nice first and talk to the other drivers. If they refuse to actually show no respect to you after you have been decent about it then they have a problem. Sooner or later what goes around, comes around.

I carry a small spray can of Ozium in case I have to drive a truck that has been driven by a smoker. It works great. Wal*Mart has it in the auto department and drugstores have it too.

that's why i love this company: i've seen my scm talking with a guy smoking on our dock ramp and nothing was done. a driver had pictures of the cigarette ash on his dash to prove that the day driver had been smoking and the scm just said and i quote "he's just trying to start trouble". I'll just keep those tucked away in my back pocket with a few others in case of a rainy day.....

Maybe you should buy yourself a smokefree truck.
Why should i do that? Con-way has put a policy in place that says no smoking in the trucks. To me that is a simple statement DON'T SMOKE IN THE TRUCKS. There are plenty of old trucks sitting around put the smokers in them, if they don't want to enforce it, that way the new trucks stay nice and fresh instead of smelling like a ashtray.

You have not become one yet, am just trying to get across there are always different options for different situations. Be nice first and talk to the other drivers. If they refuse to actually show no respect to you after you have been decent about it then they have a problem. Sooner or later what goes around, comes around.

Thats the porblem you talk to he smokers and they don't give a crap about smoking in the trucks. they ride around the yard like it's no big deal. After awhile I guess you just have to give up and go up the ladder.But then when they fire somebody for it they will act like it's the first time they heard about the policy.

I have already tried that but they still write you up for not locking a truck and then tell you if they don't see they can't do anything about it.

is it me or do we work with a bunch of frigging cry babys?!?!?! good god, shut up and deliver the frt !! and go home !
i hope you dont teach this type of behavior to your kids!!! if you dont have any yet great . good deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
is it me or do we work with a bunch of frigging cry babys?!?!?! good god, shut up and deliver the frt !! and go home !
i hope you dont teach this type of behavior to your kids!!! if you dont have any yet great . good deal.

So you are saying that what ever someone want to do is ok. that there should be no rules to follow? Is that what you are teaching your kids? I have always taught mine to RESPECT OTHERS RITES AND TO FOLLOW THE RULES. OH WAIT THAT'S THE GOLDEN RULE.