Estes | Snow

estes doesnt care bout weather conditions. i have been sent out in hurricanes and iced over roads.

Well , lastnight w/ 2 inches of snow on the ground , our city guys were told to head in and linehaul was shut down , must be our new management , that has come from union companies

With all the FedEx Ground trucks taking over the medians during snow days, I wouldn't want to be out there either...

I miss driving in the snow
201102100848011.jpg

Didn't you stop and rescue the same woman about this time last year?

That was 2 years ago when I Photoshop'd my thoughts into a picture. Lol
To stay on subject..
I've never been asked to drive in the snow. I've been half way between terminals before and got caught in some rough stuff. I know some drivers that checked into a motel or stayed in the sleeper because the roads were bad or they couldn't finish on their 14 because of traffic or weather. No questions asked.

Not saying things are different at other barns but I've been told to go back to bed several times because of weather even when I wanted to work and freight was heavy.

One of my extra board friends got snowed in the other night. He called central and said he wasn't going anywhere and they said ok. Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. No questions asked.

One of my extra board friends got snowed in the other night. He called central and said he wasn't going anywhere and they said ok. Same thing happened to me a couple of years ago. No questions asked.

I ran the I-70 between grand Jct. co. and Denver 5 roundtrips a week for Reddaway at elevation of 11,990ft. so I saw my share of snow, with that said I see no problem driving in moderate snow, our policy was if the road was open we ran. We were shut down for a few bad storms but the Estes guys would get shut down way before us. I made about 3000 trips over Eisenhower, Vail pass and Loveland pass accident free thank god) but I always took my time and chained if I thought it neccesary regardless if the chain law was up or not.

I ran the I-70 between grand Jct. co. and Denver 5 roundtrips a week for Reddaway at elevation of 11,990ft. so I saw my share of snow, with that said I see no problem driving in moderate snow, our policy was if the road was open we ran. We were shut down for a few bad storms but the Estes guys would get shut down way before us. I made about 3000 trips over Eisenhower, Vail pass and Loveland pass accident free thank god) but I always took my time and chained if I thought it neccesary regardless if the chain law was up or not.
ok so...your point is... BTW been towed over lookout and july 4 pass with chains on. Maybe we r not as core as you guys but I was only running dedicated between seattle and gbay 20 years ago but it was not for a badass outfit like yours just some scumbag otr outfit. And yes im glad you had no incidents.

ok so...your point is... BTW been towed over lookout and july 4 pass with chains on. Maybe we r not as core as you guys but I was only running dedicated between seattle and gbay 20 years ago but it was not for a badass outfit like yours just some scumbag otr outfit. And yes im glad you had no incidents.

Wow! I hope you sleep it off. You got the tone of my post all wrong, if I am correct this post was about MANAGEMENT shutting them down. Where in my post did I put down the drivers at Estes? The Estes drivers were friends of mine that I ran with every night. Sounds here like you are the only bad ass on these boards. After 31 years out there I have yet to reach that status.

Wow! I hope you sleep it off. You got the tone of my post all wrong, if I am correct this post was about MANAGEMENT shutting them down. Where in my post did I put down the drivers at Estes? The Estes drivers were friends of mine that I ran with every night. Sounds here like you are the only bad ass on these boards. After 31 years out there I have yet to reach that status.
Your right drunk posting and not working for the past two weeks got me a little uptight . Apologies , happy new year .

Your right drunk posting and not working for the past two weeks got me a little uptight . Apologies , happy new year .

No problem, I have been guilty of reading the tone of a post wrong myself, and for the record I have been towed many times with chains on....driving skills can not make up for a poorly loaded trailer (s) or extreme weather conditions. I am no better than anyone on these boards. Sorry about the lack of work, I hope the new year brings everybody on here better times.

I tried getting a job woth ground in summer of 2012, dedicated team, nash- lax. I didnt make the cut, becuz they didnt want no moving violations in the last 5 years. I had a speeding tix in a 4wheeler in 2011. so I said $%^k it, I went and got a job with buster brown.. hAAAAA how you like those apples fed ex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I tried getting a job woth ground in summer of 2012, dedicated team, nash- lax. I didnt make the cut, becuz they didnt want no moving violations in the last 5 years. I had a speeding tix in a 4wheeler in 2011. so I said $%^k it, I went and got a job with buster brown.. hAAAAA how you like those apples fed ex!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang! I had no idea they were that strict. I have never applied at Fed Ex at any division (even when I owned a pearly white Pete) and probably never will as long as Big E keeps me.

That's because they need all the room on your CDL for violations you're going to get over there... Be thankful you didn't make the cut driver.. There are a lot of them over there, that wish they were in your place...