So I had a thing happen today.

First A13 man did you get lucky ! How bad is your foot ? You had to have
gone into shock being able to get out from under it and with your adrenalin
cranking you are one dang lucky Lad ! That foot must be hurting like a m/f-er.
Dude ! That is one close call . Here there is a bright side and it wasn't your
dang arm or head man . Whatever thank God you are okay . Get the whiskey ,
save the ice for your foot .
It’s pretty sore, thanks for asking. I can walk on it, well more like hobble, and it’s a majestic shade of purple. It landed across my instep. I was so scared that one or both of the dogs got caught under the roll cage, they weren’t injured at all. I was fortunate that it went over “easy”, as steep as the slope was it could have kept rolling down the hill.

It’s pretty sore, thanks for asking. I can walk on it, well more like hobble, and it’s a majestic shade of purple. It landed across my instep. I was so scared that one or both of the dogs got caught under the roll cage, they weren’t injured at all. I was fortunate that it went over “easy”, as steep as the slope was it could have kept rolling down the hill.
Good to hear you're okay

Air gets thin that far up. I would probably be winded after a even short walk. I haven't been over 5,000 in a long time & I have seen a lot of sunsets since then.
You don't need to go that high to see elk.
My grandson is going to law school in Laramie, he snapped this last week.
He saw the HP have the road blocked while a herd was crossing.

Be sure there is no fracture. I know two people who had broken ankle bones & had bad infections. They tried to 'tough it out' & almost lost part of their leg.

Be sure there is no fracture. I know two people who had broken ankle bones & had bad infections. They tried to 'tough it out' & almost lost part of their leg.
Very good advice Doc!!!
I currently work with a brother that had a similar thing happen to him years ago when he was working on the oil rigs. Using a sledge hammer on site, his swing glanced off his intended target hitting himself in the shin and breaking his tibia. Thinking it was just bruised and trying his best to “tough it out” on the job for three or four weeks, infection set in and caused him to nearly have to have his leg amputated. He is OK now, but his stories of what all he had to go thru will certainly get your attention.

Very good advice Doc!!!
I currently work with a brother that had a similar thing happen to him years ago when he was working on the oil rigs. Using a sledge hammer on site, his swing glanced off his intended target hitting himself in the shin and breaking his tibia. Thinking it was just bruised and trying his best to “tough it out” on the job for three or four weeks, infection set in and caused him to nearly have to have his leg amputated. He is OK now, but his stories of what all he had to go thru will certainly get your attention.
A neighbor ran over his wife's foot. A few days later she was not better. X-ray showed a fracture & bad infection. She had months of antibiotics & treatments. She is one tough country girl but still has a limp. Sepsis is often fatal. Another friend had an accident with a ATV at deer camp last year. He ignored his injury. He developed Sepsis & did not survive. He was a realtively young man, 40's & in other wise good health.

Last edited: