XPO | So Long, Farewell

I join the list of other like Highspeed and drop my keys and badge on the SCM desk. This was the song I was singing as I walked out. So Long, Farewell from the movie Sound of Music.
"So long, farewell, auf Wiedersehen, goodbye
I leave and heave a sigh and say goodbye
Goodbye!
I´m glad to go, I cannot tell a lie"

This place is nothing but wash, rinse and repeat. they can hire lots top manger from OD but if they don't fix there lower level mangers this place will never change.
After 30+ yrs as a truck driver I'm hanging up my trucker hat, keys, and log book.
To all you out there think about leaving there are better companies and jobs out there, you just have go find them. All that left my SIC have less stress, better work life balance, and are just happier over all.
I still poke my head in to see if this dumpster fire is still burning bright.
Keep it between the lines.
PM your mailing address. I want to send you a retirement gift. With 30 years, you would qualify for, The Golden Mirror award.

Labor(drivers) are completely disposable to them. If they run out of them they will lower their standards even more to find candidates. They are 100% behind allowing driver at 18 years old . That could turn out to be their route. In the meantime in house schools are filling the void . The inexperienced are more gullible to poor working conditions. This is why they are moving towards monitoring every aspect of your work day. From the dock to the cab your performance is being gauged.
Companies are starting to hire a lot of foreigners and my guess is at a lower rate per mile just like the construction business does with hispanics.

Nope, we even have guys give 2 weeks and not get one. I did get a list of emails of top brass, including the new guy and will send them my exit interview. If they read it or not it's up to them. Just waiting till I get everything they owe me first
When I left Con-way in ‘13 I gave them a two week notice, they perp walked me out to the parking lot the same day.

When I left Con-way in ‘13 I gave them a two week notice, they perp walked me out to the parking lot the same day.
I laugh when people outside of this racket tell me they are giving their two weeks notice. Every single person I know that has given 2 weeks notice was either fired on the spot or walked out at the end of the day. Another thing about labor in our country that just doesn't apply to us.

I laugh when people outside of this racket tell me they are giving their two weeks notice. Every single person I know that has given 2 weeks notice was either fired on the spot or walked out at the end of the day. Another thing about labor in our country that just doesn't apply to us.
I put in my 2 weeks notice after 24 years and I’ll be darned if they didn’t make me work it through.

I was with the company for almost 28 years and never saw a driver walked out after giving notice. I did see a TM walked out the same day he gave notice.

I was with the company for almost 28 years and never saw a driver walked out after giving notice. I did see a TM walked out the same day he gave notice.
Well I can guarantee it happened to me… TM wouldn’t even come out of his office, just sat at his desk giving me the stink eye. HR lady took my padlock, keys and pro books and perp walked me to my car.

What’s even more ridiculous is a few months later a guy I knew (same terminal same management) came in and quit on the spot after doing his run. They were furious!! How dare he not exit on their terms!