XPO | So you think Laredo is a coiencidents? Just a bunch of renegade mexicans?

peckerwood

TB Lurker
Credits
I hired in to con way in 2010 and my first night on linehaul training I went with a senior driver on a 4 hour run and he spent the biggest part of his time sitting in the passengers seat talking to several different drivers on a three way call and the talk was about a meeting discussing possible union issues that was taking place in Tulsa on that coming up weekend, now after a few months of working with this senior driver I gained his trust enough that he would talk fairly open with me about the underground movement. Now if you will think back to the summer of 2011 con way had a anti union video circulating stating their firm anti union stance, they had caught wind of the underground and was trying to bust it up but little did they know how well entrenched the underground is and how wide spread it is. I can tell you it is a well thought out, well organized effort, with a lot of thought going into it. I left con way for greener pastures last year and at that time I knew of guys traveling hours to meet on Sunday afternoons with other employee from terminals threw out the Midwest. I was shocked to hear it was Laredo that made the first move, I really felt like it would happen in the midwest first but I believe the underground is far reaching and Laredo is a small piece of bigger things to come. Good luck to you guys, I cant see nothing but good things coming your way if you will stand firm.

Xco, and Ltu get ready, they are primed to go union. Also, NNA I hear.

XCO is a mess. Many have moved on. Particularly the most vocal. But there is still a group that wants it. And will make up any lie necessary to convince or sell someone on it.

The promises I have heard. Geez. Before we vote there would have to be a big meeting with a lot of questions.

It would be very close. Just like Laredo. Nearly 50-50.

Balls Balls and more Balls.Some men are balless. Viva Laredo .Where the men have bigger balls than the cows.
Amen brother,Amen, I couldn't be prouder of these people if I wanted to be, I didn't know Con/Way had employees like these, very proud!:usa::usa2::usa:

I was a non union employee for Roadway and subsequently YRC before coming to con-way. After I took a 15% pay cut and then another 10% for two months (December as January, very nice around the holidays) I finally left.
The unions are a thing of the past and only serve to make themselves money. They pretend to care about the teamster members but ultimately do not. Does anyone have any idea about the Multi employer pension fund the teamsters have? It's insurmountable. Impossible with only abf and YRC paying into it.
Be warned Laredo. Con way will squeeze you out without thinking twice. Route freight around you, use multimodal or Menlo, whatever it takes. This is for the overall good of the company. If you want to go work for a union company, leave. It has no place here. YRC had 40 percent slower transit times and 75 percent on time service. It's a joke. You can't get anything accomplished with all the union rules. Customers only use them because they give away freight at no margin or because they are in bed with the 3pl's. They haven't made money years! Take from their employees, etc. they are a joke. I feel bad for them but tr world has changed and the unions have not adapted. They protect crappy workers.
Admit it, in this profession there is a limit to how much a person could/should make. If you want to make more, choose a different profession.
These are the same people that yell and scream that fast good workers want 15 an hour. What's the difference? If someone wants to pay them that much, great. If not get a different career or further your education.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was a non union employee for Roadway and subsequently YRC before coming to con-way. After I took a 15% pay cut and then another 10% for two months (December as January, very nice around the holidays) I finally left.
The unions are a thing of the past and only serve to make themselves money. They pretend to care about the teamster members but ultimately do not. Does anyone have any idea about the Multi employer pension fund the teamsters have? It's insurmountable. Impossible with only abf and YRC paying into it.
Be warned Laredo. Con way will squeeze you out without thinking twice. Route freight around you, use multimodal or Menlo, whatever it takes. This is for the overall good of the company. If you want to go work for a union company, leave. It has no place here. YRC had 40 percent slower transit times and 75 percent on time service. It's a joke. You can't get anything accomplished with all the union rules. Customers only use them because they give away freight at no margin or because they are in bed with the 3pl's. They haven't made money years! Take from their employees, etc. they are a joke. I feel bad for them but tr world has changed and the unions have not adapted. They protect crappy workers.
Admit it, in this profession there is a limit to how much a person could/should make. If you want to make more, choose a different profession.
These are the same people that yell and scream that fast good workers want 15 an hour. What's the difference? Honestly.
Nice first post. Now tell them about the highly profitable union company called UPS. A company that has had a unionized workforce practically since its inception. You use yrc which is anchored with over a billion in debt and a management team that will come up with every excuse in the book as to why it doesnt make money. The union members gave yrc EVERYTHING they asked for THREE times. Each time the company said this is what we need to become profitable. Yrc's problems fall solely on management and NOBODY ELSE.

Ups bought out of the Multi employer pension. Abf and YRC now shouldering the load. Why on earth would a company want to knowingly enter into that now? Everyone talks like the union company employees are living the high life driving fancy cars and spending time on their expensive boats. It's the same thing! This is the career path you've chosen and you will make a certain amount of money give or take. That's the reality. But so many are brainwashed by the union promises of rainbows and unicorns. It won't be any different! Want to make more money? Further your education and move up in your company, find a new company, or change your career.

Ups bought out of the Multi employer pension. Abf and YRC now shouldering the load. Why on earth would a company want to knowingly enter into that now? Everyone talks like the union company employees are living the high life driving fancy cars and spending time on their expensive boats. It's the same thing! This is the career path you've chosen and you will make a certain amount of money give or take. That's the reality. But so many are brainwashed by the union promises of rainbows and unicorns. It won't be any different! Want to make more money? Further your education and move up in your company, find a new company, or change your career.
They bought out of CSPF so what. They are still teamsters. And if Conway drivers become teamsters that does not mean they have to become participants in any of the pension funds. They can start their own, continue the one that was halted, or negotiate a 401k.

When are people going to wake up and realize pensions are a thing of the past? You need to take care if yourself and save for your own retirement. You can't rely on a company to do it. Talk to the YRC retiree's trying to get blood from a rock. There is nothing there!

When are people going to wake up and realize pensions are a thing of the past? You need to take care if yourself and save for your own retirement. You can't rely on a company to do it. Talk to the YRC retiree's trying to get blood from a rock. There is nothing there!

Good thing the union was there all those years to protect them.

Every YRC retiree I talk to has their check deposited in full every month.

Every YRC retiree I talk to has their check deposited in full every month.

That's funny. Because I still talk to several that don't. You must be talking to the lucky ones. The ones that retired early enough. Because those that retired around the time of the merger are not.