Averitt | Solution...Trucks with no radio aux jack...

I use only ipod exclusively. Gave up XM years ago.

This is why I chose an older truck and passed up a new one.

I would almost bet you anything you could go to Radio Shack and find a plug adapter for the iPod to fit...

I'm cool with my FM Modulator, does fine so far. You like your new Volvo? Does it have the Allison automatic?

I love my Volvo have always loved them. It has the Eaton auto-shift it's my 3rd auto-shift and I would never go back to manual shift.

I had nothing but problems with my XM radio FM modulator just couldn't hold onto a good channel with it. Had to constantly change channels when a strong signal would over power it especially in big cities where almost every channel had a strong signal...

AE spec's out the tractors to have the lowest grade of radio in the trim line with #1 level being AE. One of our teams ended up with a level 3 radio with a USB and Aux. jack connector that was mounted in one of the blanks on the control panel of the Volvo.

CM, notice that the $179 adapter shown at Best Buy was for "select" vehicles.

On another note, I hear that we have new Freightliner daycabs on the way loaded with the Automatic tranny. Have any of you guys seen any of these? If they are Cascadias and spec'd like the sleepers they have Aux. input built in. If they are the cheap Columbias they will not have it. If they are Cascadia as I expect and have Aux. jack, I will take the first one that comes in. I won't take the Volvo even though it is a far superior truck to any Freightliner.

We can choose among what they send. This is an advantage WE have. I have next right of choice or refusal. If I refuse the next one I get the choice on the next one so forth and so on until I pick. Then the window is closed for 2 years.