Yellow | Some Jimmies for you experienced hands

Worst company in America unless your a yellow fellow. I’d never tell anyone I work for this company because I work at putting them out of business that’s all.

I'll have to look up some of those engines.

Some were bad. I don't recall low gear count manuals except a particular R model Mack used for Milk work decades ago. I think was about a 200 horse mack and a 6 speed with pretty tall gears. It was not very fast and horrible on the upgrades.

One farm regularly saw the drives fail on the mud backing to milk house. Farmer would use 4 of his shires to help me come around enough. The Shiers did their work with precision. As if they were learning as they went.

The cats I remember. Love live cats. Some of them got a little picky in higher RPM and you had to go through some high range gearing a little bit on the hills depending on how much of a run you had at em.

I worked for Fredrickson Motor Express in the 80's and they had 7 speeds , backing up steep hills were a nitemare as the cab would bounce violently and felt like you were going to hit the dock doing 45mph
Our short wheelbase Freightliners with the jiffs
were just like that.
I've seen hostlers drop and hook to a different tractor just to back it to the dock.