R&L | Some questions about lease drivers?????????????

Credits
Will they wear the same uniform???? Wearing a different shirt may confuse customers. What about pallet jacks????? Will they be held accountable for equipment being damaged??? What about all the stupid petty rules that apply to us will they apply to them???? Where is HR at i've got alot more questions!!!!!!!!

They are all good ? we were told that they will have diff hand books.But will they be expected to do as much as we do?Will the trucks have the same lettering?

will they wear the same uniform???? Wearing a different shirt may confuse customers. What about pallet jacks????? Will they be held accountable for equipment being damaged??? What about all the stupid petty rules that apply to us will they apply to them???? Where is hr at i've got alot more questions!!!!!!!!

800-543-5589

Do you guys have any at your barn yet? Our T/M is telling us all that he can't get anyone to sign on at that rate of pay..... We've got a run open and noooooo takers..... I'm shocked I really am. Someone doesn't want to work for 7 bucks less than the guy doing the same job as him.

I understand we may need to deal with a few wackos to get us thru this trying economy however we can't even get one to take the offer.

What a few drivers tell me we have one at our barn in PHI and he slammed at new 53-ft trailer into a bridge.He out of school.That is the word over here.

What a few drivers tell me we have one at our barn in PHI and he slammed at new 53-ft trailer into a bridge.He out of school.That is the word over here.

It wasn't a lease driver. He was last one hired as H & H driver. only 15 something an hour. Lease drivers need one year verifiable experience.The guy is right outta school and he is being schooled the hard way here.

It wasn't a lease driver. He was last one hired as H & H driver. only 15 something an hour. Lease drivers need one year verifiable experience.The guy is right outta school and he is being schooled the hard way here.

I know who it is.And I think if he's a h-h driver he should not be in the city at all.He should only do droped trailers.

I think they are talking about an H8 driver. This was a combo position that would help pick up spotted trailers at customers and then finish their time on second shift dock.

I think they are talking about an H8 driver. This was a combo position that would help pick up spotted trailers at customers and then finish their time on second shift dock.

Well the pay scale they want to give these guys thats all they would be able to do.Who with any experience will work for that kind of money?They see what we do they would leave fast.Thats what I think.

Wilson is correct,only problem is he is out running peddle runs, I just hope no one gets hurt, Dispatcher's think if you have CDL you can do what everyone else does.Our peddle runs dont see many big parking lots, and they usually involve blind-siding off some busy highway, during rush hour, down some dirt driveway.

That is not my understanding until they bid on a different job that is either full-time city or linehaul. The combo rates, even before the flex driver was much lower then our rate. The TM is to use these individuals and get them more experience before they are used like the rest of us. I also agree that not all drivers even those that do P&D at other companies are use to doing what we do everyday. But I also beleive that what we do everyday is what make R+L a better company for our customers to use.