R&L | Spineless in Philly

R&L_PHI

TB Lurker
Credits
Peddle driver fired. This guy did everything that was asked of him and more. Came in early to do short line-hauls before his peddle run. Worked after his run doing dropped trailers. Spent weeks at Baltimore terminal when they were short handed doing peddle runs two states away.Spent weeks driving to Norristown terminal when they were short handed.He never said no to any work that was asked of him.He loved the extra money he was making. Some accidents forced the higher ups to fire him yesterday nearly 5 months after his last accident.
Now here is the good part,Does his peddle route,that took about a year and a half before he finally got a dedicated run,comes back and is asked to run and get a dropped trailer by his dispatcher. This trailer is an hour away from the terminal.After he makes the switch and calls into to dispatch,the dispatcher tells him he is fired and no longer has a job.
1. why did dispatcher send him back out??? He had to have known all day long the guy was getting fired!!!
2. Dispatcher is not a supervisor position???
3. How can you fire someone over the phone when an hour earlier you could have told him to his face????
4.Are dispatchers allowed to fire people????

Our Terminal SUX!!!!! That is the most spineless act I have ever seen in my whole life. I wish my fellow driver the best and hope he appeals this and wins just for the cowardly way this was all handled. And for our TM who didn't handle this himself and passed off to a dispatcher to do,you receive the one finger salute,on both hands...

Peddle driver fired. This guy did everything that was asked of him and more. Came in early to do short line-hauls before his peddle run. Worked after his run doing dropped trailers. Spent weeks at Baltimore terminal when they were short handed doing peddle runs two states away.Spent weeks driving to Norristown terminal when they were short handed.He never said no to any work that was asked of him.He loved the extra money he was making. Some accidents forced the higher ups to fire him yesterday nearly 5 months after his last accident.
Now here is the good part,Does his peddle route,that took about a year and a half before he finally got a dedicated run,comes back and is asked to run and get a dropped trailer by his dispatcher. This trailer is an hour away from the terminal.After he makes the switch and calls into to dispatch,the dispatcher tells him he is fired and no longer has a job.
1. why did dispatcher send him back out??? He had to have known all day long the guy was getting fired!!!
3. How can you fire someone over the phone when an hour earlier you could have told him to his face????

Our Terminal SUX!!!!! That is the most spineless act I have ever seen in my whole life. I wish my fellow driver the best and hope he appeals this and wins just for the cowardly way this was all handled. And for our TM who didn't handle this himself and passed off to a dispatcher to do,you receive the one finger salute,on both hands...
I am a Former P&D driver from the Newark NJ terminal, Philly is not different from Newark as far as Management is concerned however, you know who the "Termination" was handed down from Sponge Bob he is the biggest POS. That happened to me I was there out of Newark NJ Terminal with the furthest Rout in which no one wanted, I put in for a Transfer to San Antonio, they knew that I was leaving anyway, so I got the Axe as well, I am so happy that my behind was fired after 5.5 yrs of Stress, I love my life here in Texas, Weather, People, stress is lower and people drive slower here in San Antonio, besides $1281 isn't bad for unemployment from the State of New Jersey living here in San Antonio pluse my wife pay is great for her profession, I think I did good by Sponge Bob....:eck13:

I have to say,lucky that wasn't me.Upon learning of the firing at that call in I would have either reswaped the trailers or just left them both there and bobtailed back to the terminal.

I didn't think a dispatcher could fire a driver? On what grounds was he fired? Did the accident from 5 months ago become chargeable?

There is a Driver from the Newark NJ Terminal who had an Accident about 3 yrs ago when he backed into a Dock slightly and the whole back wall tumbled down and they filed a claim with R&L and it lingered on for about a year and when it was said and done R&L had to pay over 100,000 in claims, they eventually fired the Driver for that reason because R&L had to pay that muc amount. Perhaps the driver had an accident that was tied up in court and when they had pay over a certain amount exceed over $50,000 you are terminated, you can have 2 accidents that will accumilate to that amount and they will still terminate you for that reason...wow, or they can just dig up dirt on you from months back just to get ride of you, You Guys and Gals know how the "Roll" there at RL if you have been there long enough...

Yes the dispatchers can fire drivers if needed, but if that was me that was fired while I was still on the road working I would of called my wife and told her to come pick me up and leave the whole unit sitting at the spot of the phone call.

I wish the best to our driver.He did what ever was asked and then some and this is what happens.With everything that goes on here I just dont want to come top work anymore I did love my job and working for R&L but with all this stuff that is going on the guys who need to go are still here under the desk getting anything and anything they want :ranting2::ranting2:

That's the thing, the moral won't improve, but the beating will continue until you quit.
Anymore this company doesn't want to hear about your problems or to help you try and solve any issues that you might have.

The driver reached his limit with poiints. Each accident has a point value based on how much the actualy dollar amount is that was spent on repairs. The max number of points you can have is five. He got to six. Three total accidnets: he had a 3, 2 & 1.

The driver reached his limit with poiints. Each accident has a point value based on how much the actualy dollar amount is that was spent on repairs. The max number of points you can have is five. He got to six. Three total accidnets: he had a 3, 2 & 1.

Yes u are right about that he had 7.What I had heard he was only at about $7,000 but that what I was told,and you think about the ones who rolled over pups that cost over $40,000
Yes it sucks to see someone lose there job with how everything is going these days you know.Yes there is a bunch of stuff to look at from the other view but it is hard to it never matters what we did yesterday its only what we did today.All that is going to make everyone not want to go that extra mile.