Estes | staying at home....again

DW5thousand

TB Lurker
Credits
My run was cut again tonight. WHY?.....NO FRIEGHT! What are we doing wrong at this place? Does anyone have any views on this? And dont give me that worn out lame "slow economy" crap.

The pricing wizards of Richmond have alot to do with it,and no its not the economy although the economy is pretty up and down right now.Basicly were getting our asses kicked by UPS,FEDX and yellow,I see drivers of these companies every day and they have no problem filling up their trucks with pick ups.Its goig to be a long winter if its this slow now.Stay Safe

My run was cut again tonight. WHY?.....NO FRIEGHT! What are we doing wrong at this place? Does anyone have any views on this? And dont give me that worn out lame "slow economy" crap.

Was your run cut or did they have someone else do it? I have seen runs "cut" so a team xtraboard or contract can move that freight. I think all drivers are equal but when we bid it should be our run and all others should have to sit and wait until bid drivers are running.

Was your run cut or did they have someone else do it? I have seen runs "cut" so a team xtraboard or contract can move that freight. I think all drivers are equal but when we bid it should be our run and all others should have to sit and wait until bid drivers are running.
yeah, you're right on with this one.

But include systems that they send around, clog up a terminal and they get first freight out. Why worry about the bid run driver when these system floaters can do it all. So lets see, we'll pay motel for systems to keep the bid run drivers from their job. I've heard most of the systems guys taking runs is in the west/southwest/midwest. Looks like big E is trying to get a bunch of senior and/or the ex GI guys off their payroll.

How bout you east boys. Is this happening everywhere or just west of the Mississippi?

I think we tear up so much freight here is one reason, but the other reason has to do with being an exclusive carrier for HD. When they got tired of our terrible service they dropped us and NOW we are feeling the effects!!!

they would give a home depot driver 4 stores on 3 trailers and wanted the driver to do all 4 stores in 6 hours to say the least all home depot stores were never done.

i am sorry to hear your run was cut you think it is time to go somewhere else?

I think we tear up so much freight here is one reason, but the other reason has to do with being an exclusive carrier for HD. When they got tired of our terrible service they dropped us and NOW we are feeling the effects!!!
I won't argue the tearing up of freight and terrible service, but I believe, and I'm going by what the TM told us, was Estes gave them new pricing and they told us they were going elsewhere. Again, going by what we're told, but we know how that's always the truth too, right?

we had a metting with rj who is the distric manger who is based in dallas texas early this year.he did tell us home depot wanted estes to lower prices junior told him no so estes lost the account.it is not going to come back.check the post loosing 1 million dollars a day

so in other words Estes just told HD their bread and butter we don`t want to haul your freight!! Boy I wish Estes would have went after more business BEFORE they told HD that!!!!

so in other words Estes just told HD their bread and butter we don`t want to haul your freight!! Boy I wish Estes would have went after more business BEFORE they told HD that!!!!
Don't worry, p&d's are now supposed to get the freight for us. Nothing against the p&d's but how do you show up with crap handled freight and try to sell more? Richmond does everything they can to remind us low down, brow-beaten minions we can't think for ourselves and we're lowlifes, but then want us to go hustle freight for them.

How about handling the customers and workers you have now with care and maybe, just maybe in the future we can look for customers to give us more.

Don't worry, p&d's are now supposed to get the freight for us. Nothing against the p&d's but how do you show up with crap handled freight and try to sell more? Richmond does everything they can to remind us low down, brow-beaten minions we can't think for ourselves and we're lowlifes, but then want us to go hustle freight for them.

How about handling the customers and workers you have now with care and maybe, just maybe in the future we can look for customers to give us more.

It's very simple. If your management acts like they dont care, then noone else will. Walk up the ladder with managment like we are all told to do with a concern, and by the time you get to Richmond your more disgusted with it b/4 you called with all the sugar coating they pour on it. Not to mention the level of rudeness that Richmond has somehow aquired.
And also, if P&D are supposed to hustle freight, why do we need those high priced sales people. Talk about a waste, I personally know of 2 sales reps THAT NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE!!! Work from what they jokinlgy refer to as "the home terminal"

Now Dw I know how you can get out EVERY night!!! Start bringing those dispatchers some hamburgers and barbq and slide a little of that cold hard cash under the table like some of these other hands do and you will get out!!!