XPO | still here

Credits
I have 20 years today, still happy today, still happy I have a good well paying job,
were where you 20 years ago? want to go back were you came from? remember the grass in NEVER greener! how much is your house worth today!!!!

congrats neighbor, you must have good leadership that makes a big difference, not to mention being closer to retirement congrats again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks, but it was still better in the "good old days" the GLD days were to good to be true, guess us 20 plus years'ers know that all to well,?? where are you Jerry!!!

I have 20 years today, still happy today, still happy I have a good well paying job,
were where you 20 years ago? want to go back were you came from? remember the grass in NEVER greener! how much is your house worth today!!!!
I'm sure glad to hear from somebody that is happy with their job at Conway (besides myself).
You need to stick around another 20 years.:1036316054:

Congrats on the anniversary! Nice to see another person that is still happy at their job. Wait, I was told I should be miserable. Oh, well, maybe I'll do that later!

Very cool...!!!!! nice to see another milestone, and happy about it...Congratulations!!!! You don't have to go back 20 years to remember the G.O.D. out west, just a few years....they left when Labrie went to Mich....I do not like the new Con-way, but I am still happy to be here with some really good people..

I'm sure glad to hear from somebody that is happy with their job at Conway (besides myself).
You need to stick around another 20 years.:1036316054:

Congratulations.

22 years for me and the best job in the industry. (36 total behind the wheel)

None of us will be here forever and that included JD. All we can hope for is
that those who follow us and him will not screw it up.

So far they seem to be doing a good job.

Very cool...!!!!! nice to see another milestone, and happy about it...Congratulations!!!! You don't have to go back 20 years to remember the G.O.D. out west, just a few years....they left when Labrie went to Mich....I do not like the new Con-way, but I am still happy to be here with some really good people..

The "G.O.D." out West left when former CWX President George R. left. It only went downhill from that point on!!

George R....??!?!?!!!!! Please.....that was good riddance the moment it happened...remembered my TM (who is still with us) damn near did a cartwheel, and he was in no shape to be doing cartwheels...he said GR treated his people like crap...I only saw him once, never really met him to speak of, but I know alot of people were smiling when he was gone...

I liked George R.. I think that western was more driver friendly when he was around. Things didn't change for the worse here till CCX took over. If you want to blame somebody for the demise of western blame central. By the way been here 15 years and I don't plan on leaving.

? remember the grass in NEVER greener! [/QUOTE said:
The reason the grass looks greener on the other side Is they use the same fertilizer (bull crap) and you know how you’re alfalfa can look after you spared some of that. Congratulations’ I hope to make it to retirement whether at con-way or sub-way:biglaugh:

I think "demise" is a bit premature...especially when it is obvious that the west is still the best place to work, in spite of Ann arbor...they should come out here, learn a little about teamwork and drivers who get it done, who work together WITH their FOS and SCMs to make it better...maybe then they would start getting rid of their little dictators around the system and put team first again...

Maybe "demise" was a bit strong, but you got to admit that west was a lot better before Ann Arbor got involved. To me it seems that it was a happier place. It's like you said management and drivers worked together to get the job done.

yes, I agree wholeheartedly....but despite them, we still rock...the edge is off a little, but trust me, we are still strong...and even somewhat happy...

George R....??!?!?!!!!! Please.....that was good riddance the moment it happened...remembered my TM (who is still with us) damn near did a cartwheel, and he was in no shape to be doing cartwheels...he said GR treated his people like crap...I only saw him once, never really met him to speak of, but I know alot of people were smiling when he was gone...

If you were happy to see George R. leave then yes, you were a manager under him. I understand he was very difficult to work for if you were management. He had great respect for the real workers of this company, the drivers, dockworkers, and CSR's! It was a happy, hardworking, go out of thier way to get the job done place to work for back then. When the workforce sees that the big boss has their back, they are willing to go that extra mile. But with the "holes" we have now and have had in the past, they've done nothing but screw things up and **** people off. Unhappy people= just enough work to get the job done, maybe!! If you only saw him once how can you say good riddance? There may have been alot of people smiling when he left, but i bet my last dollar that there were twice as many who were mad as hell when he did leave!

I think that was my point about good riddance...all I know was when he left, everyone that I was taking instructions from got a whole lot nicer and more laid back...if they were happy, well then, I was happy...made my job simpler..