XPO | Straps

oncewas

TB Lurker
Credits
If I were asked what I do for a living the response would have to be "I untie, untangle, and hang straps".

I thought you were just supposed to push them all up to the front of the trailer with a pallet. If you need a strap for something, there are always more to be found laying around on the dock...

I get paid a ridiculous amount of money to fix straps that lazy a-holes have tied into knots or left on the floor because they are such amazing workers and are just fed up.
They would be so awesome if the company wasn't so bad.

Oh boy. Rachet straps? Do i see another 45 min training session on how those types of straps work and a 1hr class on dock with hands on training
I love xcw, it makes me happy
J.N

Yeah, and then nobody still knows how to use them...just sayin'

Oh boy. Rachet straps? Do i see another 45 min training session on how those types of straps work and a 1hr class on dock with hands on training
I love xcw, it makes me happy
J.N
Don't forget your "Safestack expert" neon vest! You want everyone to know that YOU KNOW MORE!

oh the green vests let me tell you them guys are gods at our barn and they have green hats to they have got the world by the a#% who new temps 4 months ago now safestack experts and they look down on ya too but its funny when their overwhelmed on outbound who does the fos go to the guys that know how to get it done then all that fancy training goes out the window scorecard scorecard!!!!!!!

I don't screw with them ... I make one attempt to undo them. If that dont work the knife comes out, I cut them off, In the can they go, and back to work I go

Who the hell keeps tying these F****** nots in the straps!?!?! Just pull it tight and toss the extra slack aside or let it hang..........DAMN!!!!!! Just about every night at the XHG FAC im cursing about this........

Who the hell keeps tying these F****** nots in the straps!?!?! Just pull it tight and toss the extra slack aside or let it hang..........DAMN!!!!!! Just about every night at the XHG FAC im cursing about this........

That's the procedure, tie a slip-knot with the slack. I knew it would end up a tangled mess. Add that to the book of useless policies.

Slip knot is SOP, BUT.... Why do these sailors/boy scouts insist on impressing us with their ability to tie knots that only members of some secret society can untangle?

Simple solution to that problem is called a sharp pocket knife, this new procedure 'cut-n-go' will un-tie any slip knot !

Simple solution to that problem is called a sharp pocket knife, this new procedure 'cut-n-go' will un-tie any slip knot !

just make sure you hang it up like it's a good strap, I'm having trouble finding good straps for my hazmat city load that aint secured..just sayin'